Hi
Mom and Dad!
So
basically I have five minutes to email. Sorry this email is going to be extra
short! I'm actually just going to copy and paste what I emailed to President
Day to you guys. We went to Taroko Gorge today and it took a lot longer than we
thought. This is what I wrote him:
Hi President Day!
Miracles:
Getting to meet with a member referral and having her set a new date! We were on exchanges with the temple sisters that day, so I wasn't at the lesson, but we are really excited for her :)
Also, running into two LA's that we hadn't met before, and one of them actually coming to church on Sunday! Yay!
Goals:
Sister Roy and I want to work on our SYL (speak your language - where we speak Mandarin for everything), and we want to be better at following up with the sisters that we are over. We're also going to work on actually getting these investigators to start progressing.
Successes:
Passing off Phase 2!!!! Yay! And getting to meet with a lot of cool people, and finding some new investigators.
Challenges:
Nothing too challenging happened this past week, luckily. We went on exchanges twice, so that was exhausting, haha, but it was awesome as well. We also attended X-- MaMa's funeral, which was sad, but it was really good that we were there for that. It was good to be with the branch members.
Exchanges:
I was with Sister J-- in HuaLien, and she is such a rock star. I think she's amazing. She really doesn't want to go home in a couple weeks, which I can understand, but she's not letting that stop her from working hard. She really does talk to everyone, and she's so sincere with them. I think it's a huge strength of hers. She and Sister H-- are doing well. They have a great relationship. One goal she set was to not stress too much, and to enjoy and work hard for the time she has left.
Miracles:
Getting to meet with a member referral and having her set a new date! We were on exchanges with the temple sisters that day, so I wasn't at the lesson, but we are really excited for her :)
Also, running into two LA's that we hadn't met before, and one of them actually coming to church on Sunday! Yay!
Goals:
Sister Roy and I want to work on our SYL (speak your language - where we speak Mandarin for everything), and we want to be better at following up with the sisters that we are over. We're also going to work on actually getting these investigators to start progressing.
Successes:
Passing off Phase 2!!!! Yay! And getting to meet with a lot of cool people, and finding some new investigators.
Challenges:
Nothing too challenging happened this past week, luckily. We went on exchanges twice, so that was exhausting, haha, but it was awesome as well. We also attended X-- MaMa's funeral, which was sad, but it was really good that we were there for that. It was good to be with the branch members.
Exchanges:
I was with Sister J-- in HuaLien, and she is such a rock star. I think she's amazing. She really doesn't want to go home in a couple weeks, which I can understand, but she's not letting that stop her from working hard. She really does talk to everyone, and she's so sincere with them. I think it's a huge strength of hers. She and Sister H-- are doing well. They have a great relationship. One goal she set was to not stress too much, and to enjoy and work hard for the time she has left.
I
love you guys! And this past week has been good :) I don't have any time to
send pictures either, I'm so sorry! I'll be sure to write an extra good email
next week :) Have a great Thanksgiving and eat a lot of the potato casserole
for me!
I
love you and miss you!
Love,
Sister George
No comments:
Post a Comment