Hi
Mom and Dad!
As
for the new missionaries, it's not likely they'll get here anytime soon. The
fastest they could get here is by the end of the transfer. So it looks like
Sister Roy and I are going to be doing this for a couple more weeks, haha, but
that's ok. We've somewhat gotten the hang of it. We had interviews with
President Day this past week, and he actually talked about that. He said he was
really proud of me for what / how I've been doing, and that his plan is to have
some new sisters come to HuaLien to help us out at the start of the next
transfer. So we just have to keep both areas going a little while longer.
It's exhausting, but that's a good thing.
But
yeah, last week was good! Nothing too crazy happened. Like I said we had
interviews, and that was really good. It's weird because the next interview I
have with President Day will be my exit interview as a missionary . . . so that's a
weird thought. I still feel like I just got here. We set some goals, and talked
and stuff, and it was good. And Sister Day was there too, so that was fun. I
love them.
We
also did exchanges again this past week, with Sister Chu and Sister Fisher.
It's fun because I went with Sister Chu in TaiDong again, and she was in my MTC
District for a couple days, so it was fun to see her again. It's always fun to
see the missionaries that I came on island with and how much they've changed.
We had a lot of contacting time on exchanges, but it was good. That part of
TaiDong reminds me SO much of ZhuNan, so it was fun :) We have exchanges
planned this week as well with Sister Jasperson and Sister Hill, so we're busy
with those. As part of being a Sister Training Leader, we're supposed to go on
exchanges with each set of sisters in our areas at least once a transfer. So we
do at least like one exchange a week. It's really cool.
![]() |
| On exchanges :) |
![]() |
| Cactus! |
![]() |
| Exchanges! |
And
I got my Christmas package! Or the pre-Christmas one! It was funny because it
was actually shipped straight to our apartment, which I was surprised by. We
walked in and our doorman person was like "You have a package!" So thank you! We haven't put up the decorations yet,
but we probably will around Thanksgiving :) And what do I do with all the
letters? When should I start looking at those? Thanks for the package Mom
:)
A
weird part of the week was hearing that an LA we meet with passed away Friday night.
That was sad. Ever since I've been in HuaLien we would go
visit their family once a week. It's the Mom and her two kids who take care of
her. She had Alzheimer's, so they had to all live together. We got a call from
her son Saturday morning
telling us that she passed away and asking me to let the branch president know,
so that was a little sad. The funeral is going to be this Saturday. That was sad to hear, especially since I had to
break the news to the branch. I'll let you know how the funeral
goes.
That's about it from last week. We're still
working with J-- and still hoping she can make it in November to
baptism :) She's really special.
I
love you Mom and Dad! Have a great week :)
Love,
Sister
George








No comments:
Post a Comment