TAIWAN TAIPEI MISSION

"Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day."

- Doctrine and Covenants 4:2

Sunday, December 21, 2014

December 14, 2014

Hi Mom and Dad! 

Well, this past week has been good! All of our investigators are doing pretty good. I feel like a big miracle from this past week was getting to meet with some of the new investigators we got last week, and to actually have them start reading the Book of Mormon on their own. The majority of the people that we are meeting with right now are people who actually have a desire and are actually progressing, and that is VERY nice. I love teaching people who actually want to learn!

There was also another baptism this past week, so that was awesome! And we ended up getting a member referral from it, so that was a miracle too. Seriously, HuaLien is the best. And it is TOTALLY the promised land, haha. I have seen more baptisms here than any other place. 

One kind of crazy thing that happened last week was one of the Elders getting hit by a motorcycle! It was insane. So, Sister Roy and I were contacting at another place, and we decided to head up to our next appointment, which was actually in the other Sisters area, but with switching areas and everything we went for this lesson. Well, on the way over there we saw an ambulance speed by. We didn't think much of it. Then we get on the main road, and we see the ambulance stopped, and then we look and we see two missionaries bikes! So, we pull over and run to where they were, and apparently Elder A got hit from behind. The motorcycle didn't even see him. So when we got there, his companion was trying to talk to the police, and he was in the ambulance. We were able to help them talk with the police, and make sure he was ok. It was crazy. It was a testimony builder to me that God knows all of us, and he knows our situations. It was just crazy that we rode by at that time, not even in our area, and were able to help and stuff. It was cool. Elder A is ok. His arm and leg just have REALLY bad road rash, and he's limping. He should get better soon though. It's lucky that it wasn't more serious. 

We also did exchanges with the sisters in YuLi this past week and it was so fun. It's a VERY small town, very similar to ZhuNan, and I loved it. It was freezing, but very fun, haha. 

Some cool news from this past week, there was a new chapel dedicated in DanShui! Apparently it's the first building that has been dedicated since President and Sister Day have been serving here, so that's exciting. It's cool to think that I used to serve there.

The new Danshui chapel dedication, Amie's first area

I have a question Dad, how did you always keep studying Chinese? Like, on your mission, when you got to the point that you could pretty much 'ting de dong' people, and could pretty much say what you wanted to say, how did you keep learning? I read the Book of Mormon in characters each day, and I'm working on learning more characters, but I also want to keep improving my speaking ability. Any suggestions?

This past week was good! Pretty normal. It's been reallllly nice to have only one area. It's still very busy because we're trying to help the new Sisters get to know the area as much as we can, but being busy is good. And it's nice to be able to help them with what we can.  

Well, tell everyone hi for me! And have a good week! I love you! 

Love,
Sister George

A parade they passed one night


At the parade

Meeting with an investigator

Christmas candy!

https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif









No comments:

Post a Comment