TAIWAN TAIPEI MISSION

"Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day."

- Doctrine and Covenants 4:2

Sunday, December 21, 2014

December 21, 2014

Hi Mom and Dad! 

This past week was exhausting, haha, but really good! I'm excited to skype this week! We go up to Taibei on Wednesday, bright and early since we're so far away from it, so it should be really fun. It'll be fun to see all the missionaries and everything. It will be half the mission. All of the non-Taibei zones have it on the 24th. And then all of the Taibei zones have theirs on the 25th. So it's split up into two days. 

We did lots of exchanges this past week. We did lots of mini exchanges with the new Sisters in JiAn, to keep helping them get used to the area, and then we did exchanges with two sets of the TaiDong Sisters. So Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday I had to wake up before 5am. It was rough, but I'm glad we did them when we did. That's probably why I have a cold now, but I'm hoping it will get better soon. I just have a really runny nose, my voice is all clogged up and gross, and a cough. But I'm taking lots of cold medicine and loading up on the airborne. So hopefully by the time we skype this week my  voice won't sound so gross, haha.

Lots of the miracles I saw this past week were in other Sisters areas, but that's still good. For the first exchanges in TaiDong, I was with Sister F, and we had lots of fun together. She's still in training, and we were able to find 3 new investigators for them to start teaching. And then for the other exchange in TaiDong, I was with Sister F, who is on her 4th transfer, and we were able to go up to a place called ZhiBen and find 5 new investigators. So that was really awesome, haha. And then living with Sister H and Sister I is just a blast, haha. They're so fun.




All of our investigators are still doing good. We've been working with some new people, and last week were able to meet some other new investigators, so we're excited to start teaching them. I love the Christmas season. It just seems like people are more willing to meet with us and learn about Christ, it's great. 

I started doing the topical Chinese study like you suggested. I can tell you more about what I'm doing over skype, but it's basically what you told me to go try. I'm excited to start studying all the words.

I'm probably not going to write a ton this week, because I'll talk to you guys in a few days anyways, but last week was good! Nice and exhausting :) I'm excited to talk to you guys! I love you! Have a great week, talk to you soon :)

Love,
Sister George

The cast for the Nativity put on by the two Branches
 where Amie is serving.

A picture taken after the Nativity



No comments:

Post a Comment