TAIWAN TAIPEI MISSION

"Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day."

- Doctrine and Covenants 4:2

Sunday, February 1, 2015

January 27, 2015

Hi Mom and Dad!

Well, it's been my first official week and a half in XinAn, and it's been pretty good! Haha, I just haven't been in the big city for so long that it was hard to get used to again at first, but now I'm feeling more and more at home here. It reminds me a TON of Shanghai, haha. There's lots of people, and lots of cars, but you just have to be careful riding around. I'm getting the hang of it. The people are really nice, and the ward members are great (it's been so long since I've actually been in a ward, haha) and all the missionaries are great, and we've been really busy, so I'm grateful for all of it.

I'm emailing earlier today because since it's Temple Day, we don't do studies in the morning. We're going to the temple in the afternoon, then after we might try and go up to Taipei 101. Sister Branch has been before but I haven't, so it should be fun. Hopefully it clears up by then, it's kind of foggy.

As for this past week here, it was good! We got to meet almost all of the people that we are supposed to be working with, so it doesn't feel quite like whitewashing anymore, so it's good. One miracle was being able to set a new baptismal date with one of our investigators for February 12. He and his wife are both investigators, so we're excited for them.

Another miracle from last week was being able to see a TON of people from HuaLian, haha. One of the perks of being so close to the temple is being able to see all the members that go there! I got to see a couple RC's, and some members, and almost all of the missionaries that moved from HuaLian with me, so it was really nice.

I also randomly saw Wu JeiMei Friday night at the chapel, and she was getting ready to go into the temple to do baptisms, so that was awesome. She's going to come over to XinAn on one of these Pdays and visit us. Then for another P-day we're thinking we'll go up to DanShui. It would be fun to go back up and visit, since I started my mission there.

Well, nothing else too crazy happened this week. I'm excited for the temple later.

Well, I love you Mom and Dad! Have a great week :)

Love,
Sister George

Food adventures!

Amie and her new companion
 in front of the Taipei Temple

Amie said this was a meeting of almost
 all of the sister training leaders in the mission

https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif


No comments:

Post a Comment