TAIWAN TAIPEI MISSION

"Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day."

- Doctrine and Covenants 4:2

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

February 1, 2015

Hi Mom and Dad!

This past week has been really good! I like it here in Taibei more and more, so that's a good thing. It's different. I always have to correct myself that I'm in a ward now, not a branch, haha. But it's good. 

The temple last week was good. It's been a while since I've had an official temple day, so it was exciting. The temple isn't actually in our area, but it's right next door to the chapel that we use. So we basically ride our bikes to it every day, haha. It's really fun to be able to ride my bike to the temple.

Sister George and Sister Branch in front of
 the Taipei Taiwan Temple!



A beautiful picture of the Temple that Amie sent this week!


Well, the rest of the week after Wednesday was great! One miracle was J-- coming to do a temple tour on Thursday! We tried to do a temple tour that would go over the baptismal interview questions, and he passed so smoothly. We were talking about prophets, and apparently he's already seen General Conference, haha! And we shared a mormon message, and he has already seen it on the internet. How crazy is that? Our peike was there like "Are you sure you're not a member?"  We're really excited for him to be baptized on the 12th, and so is he.

We also saw a lot of miracles that came from talking to everyone. We found one new investigator yesterday, and one Saturday, all from talking to people as we were walking back to our bikes or crossing the sidewalk. Haha, at first they're all a little confused as to why these two girls are talking to them, but then they warm up and we are able to pray with them! So, that was a cool thing I noticed about last week.

A CRAZY story from this past week was running into some of my teachers from SAS! (Shanghai American School) Haha, seriously! So we did exchanges with some of the sisters this past week and we stayed in my area (XinAn). So we ride home one night, and we start to park our bikes, and there's a cab there with two WaiGuoRen's (foreigner) outside of it that don't look like they speak too much Chinese. So after we park we wave and go over and ask if they needed help. I thought they looked SUPER familiar, but I just couldn't place it. So we help them out and start talking, and it turns out that one of the women was my librarian, and the other one worked there! Then my old English teacher's wives walk up! Haha, it was SO crazy. One of them is apparently staying here for a little bit. But we spent like 5 minutes just talking about Shanghai and the teachers and everything. It was so fun, and so weird. Haha.

On exchanges with Sister Belnap

To be honest, it really hasn't quite hit me that I'm heading home at the end of the month. Haha, everyone here keeps reminding me that I have a little over 3 weeks left. All the missionaries like to tease me about it. I try not to think about it too much. Not because I'm not excited to come home and see everyone, but it's going to be sad to leave as well. I feel like I've been a missionary forever, haha. And I just love Taiwan! I'm just trying to focus and keep working as hard as I can. 

Well, I love you Mom and Dad! Have a great week :) 

Love,
Sister George


No comments:

Post a Comment