TAIWAN TAIPEI MISSION

"Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day."

- Doctrine and Covenants 4:2

Friday, February 13, 2015

February 8, 2015

Hi Mom and Dad!

Last Monday we went to Taibei 101, and it was a perfect day for it! It was all sunny and warm. It was really windy, but that's ok. Today we are going to DanShui and we will be able to meet up with Wu JeiMei. It should be fun too :)










I got really sick last night, like food poisoning or something. I was up all night from like 12 to 5 just throwing up, it was not fun. I must have eaten something bad yesterday. I feel better now, I think it's out of my system, but now I'm just exhausted, haha. It's that tired where you're body is just drained, and Sister Branch says I'm paler :( So hopefully I'll have enough energy today to enjoy DanShui. I think I should. I'll just take it easy on the food.

Last week was really good though. We had lots of meetings, Zone Training Meeting Tuesday, and then a two-day semi-annual missionary leadership training, so it made this week feel like it went by really fast. We also did exchanges with some of the sisters. I got to go to SongShan with Sister Stevens, and we had so much fun. It was exhausting because we were walking everywhere, but it was really fun. I love going on exchanges with the sisters.

Sister George with her Zone at the training meeting

 Some miracles from this past week:
Getting some baptismal dates set with new people! It was awesome on Thursday night because we had a total of 3 companionships working in our area (due to the meeting) and it helped us out a lot. We set 2 new dates this week, and all of them have baptismal planners. So that's a miracle. So yeah, this past week was really good.

OH! I have a crazy story. I met Dad's MTC Companion! Haha, we were near the temple on Tuesday, and there were some missionaries from the Taichung Mission getting ready to return home, and their mission president was there (President Blickenstaff). Well he sees my name tag and is like "I had a companion named Elder George on my mission, he was from Tremonton, Utah" and I was like "That's my Dad!" Haha, he was really excited. He said he always wondered what happened to Elder George. So he said to tell Dad HI! I'm sending a picture later. It's such a small world! I updated him a little on you guy's life too, he's happy you are all doing well, haha. I don't know how long they have left in Taichung, but if they are still there this fall, we should totally go try and visit, haha.

Pres. and Sister Blickenstaff with Amie and her companion

  
Well, I love you Mom and Dad!
Love,
Sister George

The Taipei Taiwan Mission Home




Free Krispy Kreme!




No comments:

Post a Comment