TAIWAN TAIPEI MISSION

"Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day."

- Doctrine and Covenants 4:2

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

February 15, 2015

Hi Mom and Dad!

Well, I am officially back to health. This past week was a little weird. We still went to DanShui on Monday for P-day, and it probably wasn't the best idea to go after being sick all night, but it was still super fun. I felt sick and had a fever basically the entire day, so then by the time we got back to XinAn, Sister Branch called Sister Day and she told me to go inside and sleep. So Monday night and ALL day Tuesday we were stuck inside. And I slept literally all day. I was really grateful for the NyQuil I had with me. The Elders came over Tuesday and gave me a Priesthood blessing, so that was nice, and it helped a lot. And then Wednesday I slept part of the day, but went out for the other part to do some service. Then Thursday I was good as new. So, it was a miracle that I was able to get rid of the flu so fast. Sister Branch was a sweetheart taking care of me, haha. I felt so bad. 

Amie with her convert and great friend
 from DanShui, Wu JieMei.  :)
In DanShui for P-day


The new DanShui chapel!
A sister in the DanShui Branch
Lunchtime!

 Then on Saturday we went to a city called XiZhi to exchange with our sisters there. I was originally just going to go to XiZhi with Sister Tan, and Sister Noble was going to come here with Sister Branch, but because of Sister Tan's recently sprained ankle, we decided to both go to XiZhi. So I stayed in with Sister Tan (helped her pass off a lot of Phase 1) and Sister Noble took Sister Branch out. It was a different exchange, but I think it was really good. Sister Noble was able to lead the area. And Sister Tan and I got to know each other, and she was able to rest. 

Sister George and Sister Tan - it turns out that Sister Tan and her family are
 good friends with the Woon family, our dear friends we met in Shanghai,
who now live in Singapore. What a small world!  So happy they met!  


So, for the majority of last week, we weren't even in our area, haha. But, it's ok. We're excited for this week. It's GuoNian!! (Chinese New Year) And seriously, we have like 13 qingke's set up. (lunch or dinner appointments) That is SO many! GuoNian is the 18th to the 23, so starting the 18th we have two meals at members houses each day. I am so excited. It's perfect for right before I go home, I get to eat all the Taiwanese food I want, haha.There's already a TON of lanterns and red banners and everything.

Today we are going to another city, SongShan, and we're meeting up with two other sisters there. :) I'm excited. 

I have my 'exit interview' with President Day this Wednesday. In prep for the interview we have to write our last letter to him, and include our thoughts/feelings/experiences about or on our mission, so I started that today and it's so hard! It's so surreal, like it really has not hit me yet that I only have like 10 days left here. I'm just trying to stay focused and keep working hard. Then I can sleep as much as I want on the plane ride home.

Seeing Judy Sharp at church yesterday was really fun! She came up after sacrament and talked to me. She's coming again next week too, so that will be fun. She's so nice! 
I saw Pres. Blickenstaff again this week too, haha, so that was fun. He wanted to make sure I told Dad 'Hi' for him.

Amie with our sweet friends from Shanghai,
Judy Sharp and her daughter!


Well, I love you Mom and Dad! Have a great week :) 

Love,
Sister George








No comments:

Post a Comment