Hi
Mom and Dad!
Well,
it's been a good week :) Thank you for the email! It was really nice to read.
I'd like to make this a long, really nice email too, but I don't think I have
time for that unfortunately, haha. We're going to have an adventure for my last P-day. We have lots to do,
and we're going to go to the zoo with the Elders, so it should be fun.
This
is my last email to you, how weird is that, haha?! I got asked to go up and bear
my testimony yesterday in sacrament meeting (there were three missionaries who
are returning home, including me) and I was the last one to get up. The
first thing I said was "Well, I was sitting there in the back thinking
that I probably wasn't going to share my testimony, because that would just
mean that I'm actually returning home this Saturday and it would hit
me" haha, everyone laughed, but it's true. I don't think it really hit me
that this is my last week until yesterday when I had to say it out loud. I
started packing last night thinking that it would take a long time, but I'm
basically all done, haha. Hopefully everything goes smoothly at the airport.
So
as for the release process, Friday morning is transfer meeting, and
so Sister Branch and I go together for that, but then after the meeting she
comes back to the area with her new companion, and all of the missionaries who
are returning home stay at the chapel. We have some meetings, then lunch, then
we go to the temple, then we check in to wherever we're staying, and then we
have a big dinner/testimony meeting. Then Saturday we leave for the airport
at 6:30 am, and then we just fly out. It's crazy.
This
past week has been really great though. It's been busy with all the qingke's (meals with members) we've had at members houses, so it's been really fun. I'm sending lots of
pictures today to make up for the not super long email.
Our
investigators are doing really well. We're meeting with all of them this week,
so I can meet with them all one last time. And we have some RCLA's we're
meeting with, because I want to meet with them again. It
should be a great week this week :)
My final interview with President Day was good, I totally cried, haha. And he started tearing up too. But, it was good. And it helped me feel a lot better about coming home. I was (and still am sometimes) pretty nervous about it, just like, school/work/non mission life, but after the interview I felt a lot better and had more peace and stuff. So I'm actually really thankful I had it so early. It helped me be able to not get distracted and stay focused for my last week.
Well,
I love you! Haha, I guess I'll just see you later this week. I'm excited to see
you. I'm sad to leave Taiwan, every time I think about leaving I kind of get
teary eyed, haha, but it's ok. We'll be back. And being home will be good.
Love
you Mom and Dad! Have a great week. I'm excited to see you at the airport soon! :)
Thank
you for all of the support both of you have given me, and helping me serve a
mission. I could not have done it without both of you, and the other support
from family members. Being a missionary is the best :)
Love
you!
Sister
George
![]() |
| With an investigator :) |
![]() |
| Amie and her trusty "steed" for the past 18 months! |
![]() |
| Companions, Sister George and Sister Branch |
![]() |
| Qiao Jie Mei with her District this last transfer |
![]() |
| Pink tongue after eating Valentine Sweethearts! Can't wait to see this silly girl in 3 days! |






No comments:
Post a Comment