Hi
Mom and Dad!
This
past week has been great! We found seven new investigators, which was such a
miracle. And we still got to meet with a lot of the people we were already
teaching, so that was exciting. It's always exciting to find new people who are
ready to accept the Gospel.
I'm so excited for General Conference! I
think we'll be able to watch all the sessions, and the women's conference. We
don't have it organized yet, but we watched all of it in April, so I'm sure
it'll be fine again.
One
miracle from last week was meeting with one of our investigators! He's from English class and he actually met the missionaries in Australia a while ago, but always felt bad for never actually going to church. So he said he wanted to try the whole church thing again. He's great.
Another miracle was meeting with our investigator. She is progressing, like really progressing! We shared lesson 3 yesterday, and we were talking about faith. And she was talking about how she felt like she didn't have any faith. But we started talking about it, and how she prays every day, and reads the Book of Mormon, and even talked to her husband about church, and she was like "Oh...well, yeah I guess I do have at least a little bit!" I think a big thing for her is going to be helping her recognize the spirit. It's so exciting to see how she's recognizing these things.
We
also had District Conference this past weekend, and that was awesome! It was
the 2 branches that are here in HuaLien, the one in YuLi, and then the three
in TaiDong. It was super fun, especially since we had all the sister
missionaries who are serving there stay with us. So it was an extra 8 sisters
in our apartment. It was a party, haha. I'll send pictures later. It was
exciting too, there were about 14 people who were ordained to the Melchizedek
Priesthood. The church is growing! It's exciting to be a part of it here.
![]() |
| 'Me and the backdrop of my beautiful city!' - Qiao Jie Mei |
Being a missionary here is the best, haha. I got asked this past
week if I was Taiwanese on the phone, so that was fun, haha. It always makes me
happy when people ask me that. I'm going to try and pass off that Phase two
this week hopefully. Sister Walker is helping getting me motivated for that,
haha. She's a great companion. I'm going to miss her when we're not companions
anymore.
Kind of a funny story from last week...We were out contacting one night, and somehow managed to meet like 7 different people from mainland China...and they were SUPER hard to understand! Was that how it was when we moved to Shanghai for you? I could still understand them, but it was just hard. And even then, sometimes I had to guess at what they were saying, haha. I like the Taiwanese version of Chinese. It's a lot easier to understand.
Thanks
for all your support Mom and Dad. It contributes to why I'm so positive. Being
a missionary is just so fun! Haha, like yes, it's absolutely exhausting and
getting up in the morning is a struggle, but it's just so fun too. I don't
know, it's hard to explain. And especially in Taiwan. We meet so many new,
awesome, interesting people each week. It makes every day an adventure.
Thanks
Mom and Dad, I love you guys! Have a great week :)
Love,
Sister
George
![]() |





No comments:
Post a Comment