TAIWAN TAIPEI MISSION

"Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day."

- Doctrine and Covenants 4:2

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

October 5, 2014

Hi Mom and Dad!

My week has been really good! Busy, but that's definitely a good thing. Before I forget, I got the package! :) We went up to Taipei on Wednesday for the new missionary trainer / trainee follow up meeting, and they gave it to me. Thank you! 

We'll be watching General Conference this weekend, so I'm really excited for that. It's my last one as a missionary, that's weird. All 12 of the missionaries here in HuaLien are wai guo ren (foreigners), so we'll just watch it all together. I'm so excited to watch it! Thanks for all the quotes :)

Well, yeah, so this week has been awesome! We managed to meet every single goal we set for lessons and new investigators, so that was exciting! We have been busy. We were able to meet with a girl who has perfect English. She was in HuaLien visiting, and we went out to eat with her Monday and then we gave she and her friend a church tour last night, and that was really cool. We're going to give her information to the missionaries in Taipei (that's where she's from) so they can meet with her. She's great though.

We had Y-- come to church yesterday, so that was awesome! She's doing good. She's stressed lately with not being able to find work and everything, and so she hasn't been reading the Book of Mormon, so basically we're just trying to get her to start doing that again. She's really great though.

We met with our other investigator again yesterday, and she actually brought up her own baptismal date! Unfortunately she hasn't been to church 3 times yet so she can't be baptized, but we explained that to her and she seemed a lot more willing after that to come next week. She's just really, really shy, and so church makes her nervous, but we told her that she could just sit next to us, or next to C-- (who helps us peike every time) and it seemed to help her. So hopefully she comes. All of our investigators are really awesome, they just need to come to church! 

The missionaries here in HuaLien have started doing a scripture study class each Friday night, and we switch off who teaches. Well, Sister Walker and I got to teach it this past week and it was so fun! We read in 1 Nephi about Lehi's vision and then the interpretation of it, and we had everyone draw it out and everything, and it was really fun, haha.

The missionaries who hadn't received their visas yet finally got here this past week. I think they got here Saturday. So that was really exciting. Apparently they're going to have to open like 10-11 new zones, because there's another 25 new missionaries coming in at the end of this transfer. So that's exciting. It's really cool to see the missionary work growing! 

So yeah, that's about it for my week. I asked about passing off Phase 2, but apparently it has to be the new Phase 2, and I've still been reviewing the old one (since when I started Phase 2 they didn't have the new one out yet). But to pass of Phase 2, it has to be the new one. So, I'm just going to start going through that. Sister Edwards gave me hers, and I started it today in language study, and it seems a lot easier because all the words are words that we use all the time. It's a lot more useful too. So I'm excited to start going through that. Learning Chinese is so fun! It's hard, haha, but it's really fun. 

Thanks for your support! I love you and miss you!! Have a great week :) 

-Sister George 

Friends  :)
At the grocery store...must have been some Korean food,
because this is a Korean Hanbok, their traditional dress.

Companions :)

Halloween socks! 

https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment