TAIWAN TAIPEI MISSION

"Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day."

- Doctrine and Covenants 4:2

Thursday, September 25, 2014

September 21, 2014

Hi Mom and Dad! 

This past week has been so much fun! It's gone by fast as usual, but it was especially fun. 

We had another typhoon and an earthquake this past weekend. The earthquake was big enough to wake me up (I think it was like a 4.8 or something, I forget) and then the typhoon hit a little Saturday night but mainly Sunday during the day, so we were inside from about 3pm on. It was really rainy and windy. And our walls & windows are awful so our floor was soaking wet too, haha. It was exciting. Sometimes I forget that I'm living on a little island in the middle of the ocean, until we have typhoons, haha. 

Well, so yeah, this past week was awesome. Mainly because we got to do the Outdoor Zone Conference and we went to Taroko Gorge to do it! It was SO pretty! We only have Zone Conferences once every 3 months, and the assistants, temple sisters, and President and Sister Day all come, and it was really fun. We hiked the trail and would stop every so often and receive training. I love Taroko Gorge. It really is so beautiful up there! I'm glad I got to go again, and that Sister Walker was able to go too. 











And speaking of President Day being at the Zone Conference, he told me a little bit of exciting news. So, Sister E-- and Sister H-- are the Sister Training Leaders for the HuaLien and TaiDong zones. (They live with us). Well, they BOTH go home at the end of this transfer. So, President Day called me to take their spot when they leave! I get to be the Sister Training Leader. Normally, you wouldn't get told ahead of time, but since they're both leaving he told me because I need to learn all I can now before they leave. So we're basically going to be going on exchanges once a week for the rest of the transfer, and I could either stay in my area next transfer, or switch over to their area, but either way I won't be leaving HuaLien. So, that's exciting! I'm nervous because it's going to be a big responsibility, but it's exciting. I'm really excited I don't have to leave HuaLien. So that was a big piece of news from this last transfer. 

As for investigators, they are all about the same ,which isn't really good, but not really bad either. We're just trying to help them start progressing. We were able to set two new dates with investigators this past week though, so that was good.

We met with an investigator and had given him the lesson 2 pamphlet the last time we met with him, and asked him to read it in preparation for the next visit, and he did! And more than that, he understood it and got it all! He went through the entire plan on his own, and then asked at the end "So what else do you want to share?" Our peike was just there laughing and clapping her hands, haha. He's awesome.

Another miracle was meeting with another investigator. We met with her Sunday, and C--JeiMei helped us peike again. We shared lesson 2 and at the end we were explaining about baptism and how it's essential in order to go to the Celestial Kingdom, and after we explained it she said, "Well listening to that explanation, I really want to get baptized now!" So we set a date for 10/25! She's so sweet, and really needs this gospel. And she's reading and praying on her own. Now she just needs to come to church! 

We also had cake on Wednesday, in honor of Melissa's birthday (Amie's sister), so that was fun. And funny story, apparently I was talking in my sleep last night about lemonheads, hahah. Sister Walker got a good laugh about that.  (Her #1 favorite treat are lemonheads, haha!)




So I'm doing good :) Sometimes I get stressed out and I'm super tired all the time, but, it's worth it. I can't believe it's already almost October! I'm still not over the fact that it's not July anymore. Time is flying by. It makes me a little sad, haha. 

Well, I love you Mom and Dad! Have a great week! And I'll send pictures soon! 

I love you! 

Love,
Sister George
https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif


No comments:

Post a Comment