Hi
Mom and Dad,
It
has been an amazing first week in HuaLien! I seriously love this place so
much, haha. Sister Tracy and I always joke about how we're going to retire
here. But really, I totally could. It's hot, but there's a nice wind
since we're so close to the ocean, so it's not too bad. And all the people are
really friendly. The area is big, or at least, for me it's big. Considering I'm
coming from ZhuNan, which was really, really small, I think this place is
huge! Haha, but in reality it only takes about 40 minutes to get from one edge
of our area to the other. There's not too many hills, which is good for my
knees, so this place is pretty much just perfect. All the ward members are
great, I love getting to know them. And living with Sister Edwards and Sister
Peay is still a blast, haha. We have fun.
Well
last Monday, our P-day, we went to the beach with our district, and it was so fun. We just
all hung out there, tossed around a frisbee and just relaxed. This place is
gorgeous, it really is. Then Monday night, we went to go eat with one
of our investigators and she ended up taking us up to
this place called Seven Star Lake, and it was SO pretty! We literally just sat down
on the beach and taught her about prophets right there. She's so great, you all
would love her. She came to church yesterday too! So she's having her baptismal
interview this week, if all goes as planned, and then hopefully she will be
baptized in two weeks!
We
also had a miracle meeting last week. We went out contacting
with one of the Young Women, who happens to love tracting (she's going to make a great
missionary) and we were at one place, and just not having any success. So we
prayed, and felt that we needed to go to the road over. So we did, and ended up
meeting this awesome 19 year old girl, who automatically let us into her house!
Turns out she's already Christian, but doesn't really do anything like church
or anything, so we taught her the first lesson, and we met with her
again Saturday and she accepted the baptism invitation. I'm excited
for her. Great things are happening in this area.
We
were also able to meet with EIGHT Recent Converts and Less-Actives this past
week, which is the most I've ever met with in one week. They're really pushing
to build a stake here in HuaLien, so we get to do a lot of reactivation work.
It's exciting.
At
church yesterday we literally had 5 investigators! It's the most I've ever had! It was awesome! Church was great. All our investigators are doing really good too. We're hoping to have two baptismal interviews next Sunday, and then two baptisms on 7/12. Both of them came to church yesterday, so we really think they can make it.
So I'm pretty much loving
this area, haha. I'm so excited to be here. I really
have been blessed to go to amazing areas with amazing people my entire mission.
My week was great! Haha, I'm getting used to the
area and I know all the investigators, and most of the members now, so it's
good! I'm glad I get to be in this area with Sister Tracy. We get along great,
and just have fun and work hard, so it's perfect.
Well,
that's about it for my week, haha, it's been an adventure. I love you guys! And
have a good week!
Love
and miss you!
-Sister
George



No comments:
Post a Comment