TAIWAN TAIPEI MISSION

"Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day."

- Doctrine and Covenants 4:2

Monday, June 30, 2014

June 22, 2014

Hi Mom and Dad!

Well, I got transferred! To the most BEAUTIFUL place in the entire world, HuaLien!!!  Ever since I got to Taiwan I've wanted to come to HuaLien because I always heard how gorgeous it is. But because I always wanted to come here, I thought for sure I never would, but I'm just super blessed because I'm here! My new companion is Sister Tracy, and she's awesome. She's just one transfer ahead of me, so we remember seeing each other in the MTC, but we never really met. And, get this, we have roommates...Sister Edwards AND Sister Peay! It's so crazy, I've been companions with everyone in the apartment. Luckily, I love them all and we get along great, so it really is just so fun.

I'm so excited to be here, haha. I never thought I would actually get to come here. And seriously, this place is the most beautiful place I have ever been to. You have mountains on one side that look like Utah, and then you turn around and you have the ocean! We went running out to the ocean my first morning here, and I felt like I was on vacation in Hawaii. But, as a missionary, haha. It's the best!

So yeah, I'm doing awesome. I love it here, and the ward is awesome. I've already met a lot of investigators, and they are all great.  And the ward members are really welcoming, and the Elders in our district and area seem great too. We're going out with them today to the beach and going to play some volleyball, so I'm excited.

Amie with her new companion, in her new Ward!

Leaving ZhuNan was hard, but luckily I got to see the majority of the people I wanted to before I left, and I had enough time to write some cards that I wanted Sister Wang to give to some people, so it worked out okay.

Probably one of the biggest miracles of the week, was getting to HuaLien alive, haha. We couldn't ship our stuff because of some problems with the company, so we had to take it all to Taipei and then ALL to HuaLien. Getting to Taipei was ok, because Sister Wang wasn't moving so she could help me. But getting to HuaLien was SUCH a miracle, haha. I went with Sister Peay, who has just as much stuff as I do, and I don't know how we did it. Luckily Taiwanese people are ridiculously nice and were willing to help a ton. Without them we wouldn't of made it, haha.

Last Monday was awesome too, because Wu Jie Mei came to visit me in ZhuNan! (one of Amie's converts from DanShui) She wrote me a huge birthday card with a present, and she's actually going to serve a short term mission for 8 days in July, so we got to talk about that, and it was so good. It's crazy to think that when I met her, she was just attending English Class and didn't really believe in anything. She showed me her scriptures and everything was marked up, and she had her favorites tabbed, and it was so special. Haha, it's a good feeling.We all went out to the beach and just talked and ate some bing (ice cream) and it was great! I love that girl. It was so fun to see her. I'll attach some pictures :)

Qiao Jie Mei and Wu Jie Mei  :)

Companions!



So this past week was really good. I'm really blessed to be able to serve in the best country in the world, with the nicest people, and always be put with the best companions!

Well, that's about it for this week! It's been awesome! It was hard to leave, but I got to go somewhere awesome, so it worked out.
Have a great week!

I love you!
-Sister George









No comments:

Post a Comment