TAIWAN TAIPEI MISSION

"Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day."

- Doctrine and Covenants 4:2

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

June 1, 2014

Hi Mom and Dad!

This past week has been good! I was sick for a lot of it, but I loaded up on the Vitamin C and Sudafed, and actually asked the Elders to give me a priesthood blessing on Wednesday night, and now I feel great. I'm sure the priesthood blessing did more than anything else. 

Probably the biggest miracle from this week was getting to meet with two friends. They're so awesome! They were a referral a while back from the Elders, and we could never get in contact with them. Well they ended up calling the Elders and asking if we could meet with them! So we met with them Tuesday night, and they're so cute! Haha, they're about 16, and just super willing to learn and listen. We set a baptismal date with them in the first meeting, and met with them again Friday, and brought the Bishop's wife with us to the appointment, and it went so well. They're date is for July 5, and we really think they can make it. The only possible problem I think, might be if their family opposes them getting baptized. Both of their parents still go to the temples here and worship their ancestors, but we're really hoping that they won't oppose them being baptized. 

Another actually pretty big miracle as well was yesterday at church. Our recent convert, who we haven't been in contact with for a couple weeks, came to church! And she brought her daughter, our other recent convert. And then to make it all the better, she brought her son too! He's our investigator as well, but he's so busy and never has time to meet. But he came to church! We really hope he can get baptized soon, like his Mom and sister did. He still has the same problem of driving the motorcycle, so we're still trying to help him with that, but seeing him at church was amazing! 

So yeah, this past week has been awesome! I'm attaching some pictures in a minute :) I also found a stray baby kitty on the road one night while contacting, and I ended up going to the closest 711 and buying her some milk. There are so many stray dogs and cats here! I have a soft spot for them. It's kind of funny since Sister Wang is terrified of anything with hair, so she's over there in the corner and I'm just making them feel love, haha. 

Well, I love you guys! Have a great week :) 

Love,
Sister George



Just having fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment