Hi
Mom and Dad!
Well,
this week has been good! Just another normal week, haha, it went by really
fast. Lots of rain and heat, and
thunderstorms, which I loved. Whenever it rains it's so funny, because I
love the rain, and I love being outside in it, and my companion doesn't.
So I'm there saying how nice it feels and she's there holding her umbrella,
haha. Contacting in the rain is fun. And knocking doors is even better, because
people feel bad for you and let you inside, haha. As for the passion fruit slushies, I haven't found any real slushies yet. They have delicious passion fruit drinks, but I'm sure I'll come across some slushies soon. And the shaved ice is becoming more and more popular.
Anyways,
so last Tuesday we had zone meeting, and that was really good. It was fun to see all the missionaries and
everything. This Wednesday we have Zone Conference, which is the one
that President and Sister Day also attend, so I'm excited for that.
![]() |
| Zone Meeting |
One
miracle from last week was finding two new investigators who live right across
from each other. We were in the farthest area we could go, and were just
knocking doors, and we ending up meeting this woman from the Philippines who only speaks English, so that was rough. I haven't spoken that much
English out loud in a long time, but she seemed to understand everything, haha.
I'm just so used to using Chinese. But she's really awesome! We're meeting with
her again this week. After that we kept knocking doors, and ran into another lady, and she's great too. We set appointments with her for the same day, so we don't have to
ride out that far more than once a week. It's like a 45-1 hour bike ride all
up hill. Of course on the way back it's like, 20 minutes though, haha. No
wonder my knees have problems.
We
were also able to meet with a less active member who actually came to church!
This is his third time coming to church in the time that we've been meeting
with him, so we were excited about that. We invited him (again) to keep the
word of wisdom, because he hasn't been, and he said he would. So we're hoping
he'll see some success. We'll be following up with him on that.
We
also went with the Elders to teach a lesson to 2 of their investigators
(they're brother and sister, and their Dad is a member) and it was such a cool
lesson! Their baptismal date is for this Sunday, but they hadn't had ANY
of the lessons on the commandments. But the Elders asked us to go with them to teach them
the commandments, and we ended up sharing EVERY single commandment, and they
didn't have any problems with it. It was so much to take in, but they just have
such a great desire to be baptized, that they could handle it all. So they will
have their interview this Saturday, and then ideally a
baptism Sunday. I'll try to get some pictures :) They're so great
though.
That's
about it for this past week though, haha. Just a normal week of missionary
work. I can't believe I've already been here for 6 months. Transfer Day
is coming up fast :/ I love this area so much, I don't
think I could ever leave, haha. The ward always jokes that I'm just a 'ZhuNan
Ren' and will never leave. I hope so! Sister
Wang and I are doing good too. We always joke that we could be 'yong heng de
tong ban' and be together for more than 2 transfers. It would be fun!
Well,
I love you guys! I hope you have a great week. I love you and miss you!
-Sister
George

No comments:
Post a Comment