TAIWAN TAIPEI MISSION

"Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day."

- Doctrine and Covenants 4:2

Monday, June 2, 2014

May 25, 2014

Hi Mom and Dad!

Well this week has been good! Rainy, haha, almost every single day, but that's ok. Today it's just hot. No rain yet, just heat, haha. And summer hasn't even officially arrived, so that will be fun when it actually does! 

Exchanges were last week and that was super fun! It was so fun to be out of my area for a little... I really do love ZhuNan, but it was nice to remember that we're not out here in the complete middle of nowhere. We saw lots of little miracles too. When we got there we only had 20 minutes left before dinner, so we just did some street contacting, and managed to have two lessons! So that was a nice miracle. We were also able to meet with some of the new investigators, and members were able to go with us, so that was great too. Teaching is so fun.

We had interviews with President Day on Thursday, so that was fun too. I set some goals to be completely done with Jesus the Christ, and finish Phase Two, by my next interview, which will be in August, so I'm sure I can do it. And meeting with President and Sister Day was so fun too. We don't get to see them that often since we're so far away, so it was fun.

As for our investigators recently, they're still good. Still really busy unfortunately, so they don't have much time to meet with us, but we're working on it. Last week, there was a less active sister in the ward who randomly called us and wanted to bring us food, haha.When I first got to ZhuNan I met with her, but then our boundaries changed and she was in the Elders area. So she called us and we were able to meet with her and she brought us cake and fruit, and just said how she missed seeing me, haha. She's nice.

It was sweet yesterday too; we were talking in Relief Society about how we can all show our love for others, and the teacher asked for examples of when any of us have felt love from someone else. And a sister shared an experience she had with another member. She said that when she saw her, she asked why her husband hadn't been coming to church more frequently lately, and the other sister just said "because the missionaries visited him and invited him to come!" And so the sister in RS just thanked us for our caring about the members and everything. It was really nice to hear.

Oh, another little story. So Lin DiXiong, (the persons whose house I Skyped at for Mother's Day) took us missionaries out to dinner Friday night, and I ate such weird food. I just asked my companion and another member who was with us what I should get, and I just went with it. Well turns out the soup was pig intestines, and some other weird stuff mixed with flowers, haha. It surprisingly wasn't bad though! I'm kind of grateful that I'm not one to be afraid of food, because serving in Taiwan would be a lot harder if I was!

I can't really think of anything else that really happened last week, haha. Just very, very rainy, and now really, really hot. Tell everyone I say Hi!

Love you!
-喬姐妹

(Sister Wang is teaching my bepemefe, so that's why I can enter my name...it's hard, haha)

(Bepemefe is the phonetic system used in teaching reading and writing in elementary school in Taiwan, and is also one of the most popular ways to enter Chinese characters into computers.) 


A little snail catching a ride on Amie's raincoat!



No comments:

Post a Comment