TAIWAN TAIPEI MISSION

"Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day."

- Doctrine and Covenants 4:2

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

July 20, 2014

Hi Mom and Dad!

This week has been awesome! Just like all the other ones, haha. We've been really busy, but I love it. I'd much rather be busy. I went on exchanges and I got to be with Sister Edwards! Haha, it was so fun to be with her again. Even though we live together, we never really have a ton of time to just talk and catch up, so exchanges were really fun. And we got to teach and meet a ton of people, so it was successful.

Sister George on exchanges with Sister Edwards . . .
 her first companion!


Probably the biggest miracle of the entire month...L--  PASSING HIS BAPTISMAL INTERVIEW! This guy has been an investigator for almost 2 years, and he has always struggled with the Word of Wisdom, mainly smoking. He's a great dad, and his daughter is already baptized, but he just couldn't stop smoking...until last week! We met with him last week and asked him to set his own baptismal date, and he set the 26th. So we said we would call him everyday and see how the no smoking went, and we set up some more plans, and a miracle happened and he didn't smoke at ALL last week. He's so amazing. Every night we call him he just seems happier and happier. We had to split up yesterday after church and I met with him and he was so happy. He just kept saying "Today is day 7"! Then last night he had his interview, and he passed! So this Saturday night at 7 is going to be his baptism. We're going to keep calling him and everything, because I'm sure this week will be really hard, but he can do it. We're really, really, excited!

Another miracle was having 5 investigators at church! That was awesome! And they all said they liked it. Y--  came, and he said he didn't really understand a lot of it, but he said he felt good. So we're meeting with him Thursday so we can talk about that.

All our investigators are still doing good. Ideally we'll be able to help the non-members get baptized and the less actives in the family get back to church too. So we're working pretty closely with the ward members, and it's going really well.

I'm actually done reading Jesus the Christ, so I've been spending a lot of time on the Book of Mormon, and I'm actually going through the Gospel Principles book. I think I'll probably start reading the New Testament again soon though. So studies are going good :) I've got a favor for you and Mom. So lately I've been studying the Atonement a lot, and specifically how to receive strengthening/enabling power from the Atonement. Could you and Mom write any thoughts you have on that? Just like a definition of the Atonement or how you guys think we can use the strengthening power of the Atonement? Thanks :)  

So yeah, last week was awesome! We were really busy, but it was awesome. And we're actually going to go to Taroko Gorge next Monday. Our Branch President had something come up for today, but we scheduled it for next Monday. So we're excited for that. I want to go so bad!

Umm...I think that's about it for last week! Just being really busy, and hot, but still loving it here. It's so crazy, transfers are already next week! 

I hope you guys have a great week! I love you Mom and Dad! I'll send pictures in a little bit :)
Love you and miss you!

-Sister George

With her birthday package!

Perfect missionary pic . . .
stray dogs and bicycle helmet!

"Because I'm HAPPY!"

Yummy mango bing (ice cream)!

Some pictures of the beautiful scenery that Amie sent home!



Sure love this happy girl!













No comments:

Post a Comment