TAIWAN TAIPEI MISSION

"Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day."

- Doctrine and Covenants 4:2

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

July 27, 2014

Hi Mom and Dad!

So, just a warning, this is going to be a short email today. We're going to Taroko Gorge today, and only have about 30 minutes to email, so it might seem a little rushed.

As for the typhoon, it was pretty fun, haha. We knew it was coming, and we were in District Meeting on Tuesday when they told us that if it got worse, to go back inside. But then at the end of District Meeting President Day called the Zone Leaders and told them to tell all of us to get inside and stay there all night. Which I'm glad we did, because man was it windy. It rained hard too, but that's normal. The wind was the intense part. So Tuesday afternoon at 4 to Wednesday afternoon we were all inside. It was super weird to be inside that long. We called like everyone we could possibly call, haha. Fun part though, when we did go out on Wednesday everyone else was still hiding out in their homes, so we got to meet with a lot of people.

A picture from her apt. of the typhoon.

So, highlight of the week, L--  getting baptized!!! Yay!!! It was such a sweet service, and you could tell that all the members really knew and cared about him, so it was really great. And he was successfully confirmed Sunday. 

"Baptisms are the BEST!"

Another fun part of the week...the assistants called Saturday night to tell me I'm TRAINING! Haha, yeah....it'll be fun. I'm going to be training and taking care of a brand new missionary for the next 3 months! Transfers are this coming Friday, so I have to be up in Taipei Thursday for a training meeting, and then I find out Friday who my 'baby' is. So I'm a little nervous for that, especially since I don't know the area well at all, but it'll be fun too.  If you have any fatherly advice about how to train a brand new missionary...I'm all ears, haha.  I'm excited. Heavenly Father will help me do it.  :)

Thanks for your thoughts about the Atonement and Word of Wisdom. Studying the Atonement has been a really cool experience. I'm understanding it a lot deeper, and just better. I feel like that's happening a lot on my mission so far . . . where things about the gospel and my testimony just kind of click. I'll probably write for you and Mom what I've learned about it for next week. 

Well, I'm sending a few pictures in a second. Sorry this is so short! I love you and hope you have a great week! I still can't believe I'm training! I'm excited and nervous, but really nervous, haha.

I'll make sure to take lots of pictures today of Taroko Gorge :) I love you and miss you!!!

-Sister George

Rain, rain, go away. (She loves the rain though,
so I doubt she was thinking that, haha!)

Teaching

Some fun pics from her P-day!







https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif




No comments:

Post a Comment