TAIWAN TAIPEI MISSION

"Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day."

- Doctrine and Covenants 4:2

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

April 20, 2014

Hi Mom and Dad!

Happy Easter a day late! This week was good! We saw a ton of miracles, like teaching 17 lessons (which is a lot!) and finding 10 new investigators (which is the most I've ever had). So it was awesome! It was lots of finding again, but it was really good. 

The meeting last Wednesday in ZhuBei was really good too. Elder and Sister Wilson did the majority of the training, and it was mainly about the Book of Mormon and how we can help investigators read the Book of Mormon. It was fun to see all the missionaries as well. Something fun was that all the Districts put together their own "trailer" of the Book of Mormon, and then performed it in front of everyone. It was super funny, haha. Especially since we are the smallest district (only 4 people) so we were all playing two people, and it was ridiculous. But it was good, haha. 

A little miracle from this week was Wednesday; it really helped us see God's hand in our plan. So we had originally set up with an investigator and we had already found a member to go with us. Well, turns out the investigator had to cancel, and we didn't know if we should cancel the member also or not call her yet. We tried calling pretty much every single investigator, and none of them answered. So we said a prayer, and both of us just felt like we shouldn't cancel the member yet. Well, as it turns out, H. Jei Mei was able to meet at that time, so we took our member there, and it was an amazing lesson. We read the Book of Mormon together, and she committed to reading everyday (which she hasn't done ever before), so it was awesome. That was a sweet little tender mercy. 

We also met with Z. Jei Mei (our recent convert) and her daughter Saturday night, and her daughter is planning to get baptized on May 3! She's already been to church enough, and the only thing left that we have to share with her is Lesson 2, so it can totally happen. And Z. Jei Mei really wants her to get baptized, so it's really cool to see. 

The FHE (Family Home Evening) we attended last night was really fun too, haha. The entire ward ate together, and then we were planning to leave because we didn't have any investigators, but a member ended up bringing her friend and wanted us to meet her, so we
got to stay and meet her, and it was so cool! It was a YW and her friend, so that was exciting. And the game we played at the end was really fun too. I love the ward here; the member's are so great! 


I'm trying to think of other things, but that's all I can really think of for this week, haha. As fast as it seemed to go by, not a ton happened. But this past week we did find 10 new investigators, so we're excited to start working with them too. Both Sister Wang and I made more of an effort to talk to even more people, and we saw lots of miracles from it, so it was a really cool week. And next Wednesday is our temple day, so we're excited for that too. I love being in the more rural parts of Taiwan, but I'm glad I'm not so far away that I can't go to the temple. 
  
As for the weather, it's hot, haha. But probably not NEARLY as hot as it will be in about 3 months...so I'm bracing myself. I've already got a sweet farmer's tan, and I'm going to have to start using sunblock, haha, but it's good. I'm slowly getting accustomed to the heat, so hopefully the summer isn't too rough. 

Well, I'm glad you all had a great week!  I love you guys! I'll be sending pictures soon :) 

Love you,
Sister George

Sisters Temple Training from last week.
"The border between ZhuNan and MiaoLi. We went explore
contacting one day and it was gorgeous!"



https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif







No comments:

Post a Comment