TAIWAN TAIPEI MISSION

"Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day."

- Doctrine and Covenants 4:2

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

March 30, 2014

Hi Mom and Dad!

Well, this week has been crazy. Haha, it's probably been one of the most crazy, stressful, but still great weeks I've had so far on my mission. First, I'll tell you that I'm still in the same area! And my companion is a Sister W. from Taiwan, and she doesn't speak any English... it's so great! We found out Wednesday night that Sister P., Elder S., and Elder L. were ALL moving, it was crazy. We didn't think our district would change that much. So we all went to Taipei together Friday morning, and had transfer meeting! So now I'm with Sister W., and Elder R. and Elder G. are companions. So instead of 3 companionships in our district we only have two! It's so weird. I was so confused at first, but, it's ok...just different. And when I found out I was with a Taiwanese sister who didn't speak any English, I was terrified. Like, I'm not going to lie, I was terrified, but she's so great! She's already helping my Chinese, and she's super understanding, and funny, haha, so this will be a good transfer. She's a hard worker, and wants to be exactly obedient, and that's really all I need. She's also willing to go outside with me when I run in the morning, so that's a plus too. It was stressful at first, just being the one leading this area, and showing her around, and feeling like I had no idea what I was doing, but, it all turned out ok. I've been blessed to be surrounded by a ton of people willing to help out, like the Elders and the ward and just everyone, so it made it a little easier. Transfers are just always an adjustment, but I always end up loving it, so I'm sure it will be great.
 
Amie's District before transfers
So anyways, now I can tell you about the rest of the week. Tuesday, I'm pretty sure I got food poisoning. We were eating at a 7, and I got some weird food they have just sitting out that I had never tried before, and it did not settle well. We had to go home early and we did like, 10 minutes of planning and I just went to bed. Luckily in the morning it wasn't as bad, and by the end of the day I felt pretty normal, so I'm thankful for that. It's probably a sign that I'm getting a little too crazy with my food adventures, haha. 

Later in the week we also went guava picking with H. Jei Mei! Haha, we had a lesson at the same time, but it was so fun. And I love guava, they are so delicious. And since Sister P. knew she was most likely moving, it was fun to do that together. 



We also had our English party Wednesday night, and that was SO fun! We found out that night who was moving, and as such a tender mercy, over half the ward showed up, so Sister P. got to say good bye to all of them. It was good for her. We had an Easter egg hunt, and then did the spiritual share on Christ and the Resurrection, and it was so good. The turn out was great, they had fun, and there's no way they didn't feel the Spirit, so it was a win, win, win. 

The week got a little stressful after transfers. The first and second day were really hard, I'm not going to lie. It was weird being here without Sister P., and it was weird having a companion who didn't speak English, and I felt like I didn't know what I was doing, and I didn't know the area, and I was stressing out. But, it got better. The Elders have seriously helped so much, and so has the ward, so I'm thankful for that. The Elders brought us a members bike, so we had that. There aren't ANY buses here, so if you don't have a bike, you walk, and that just wouldn't have worked, so luckily we got a bike for W. Jei Mei, and we went around to get to know some of our investigators. Unfortunately, she didn't bring her night light reflector thing that you have to wear when riding at night, so we've just been walking every night, but at least during the day we can go places. 

Sunday was wonderful though. Just being with the ward and getting hugs from all the YW and RS felt so great. It made me feel a lot better about everything. And Sister P. just moved to Z.B., so we're in the same stake, so we actually saw her Saturday night at a stake activity! Haha, so that was fun too. I love this ward. I am so grateful that I get to stay here another 6 weeks. They are wonderful people, and know how to make you feel loved, which I needed that day, haha. 

At church we also had H. Jei Mei, and Z. Jei Mei and her son, which I am so grateful for. I feel like a lot of the reason why I was stressed this week was just because I didn't want to let the ward down. Sister P. was here for over 7 months, and I didn't want to let her down, or the ward, or anyone. But having 3 investigators at church, and 3 less actives at church, boosted my spirits a little bit. And Z. Jei Mei and her son have a baptismal date set for April 12! The only other lesson we have to cover is Tithing, so we're going to be praying that they'll be able to accept that. I really want them to get baptized. 

Also a funny story from yesterday...so, we all know, that my sense of direction is just awful. Like, there's no way around it, it's just plain awful. So yesterday we were exploring together, and were in a place called H. K., and we were knocking doors. And I really didn't know where we were at all. Well, we ended up knocking into a member's house! It was so hilarious. Luckily, it was an amazing family who I love and they love us, so they were really cool about it, but it was so funny. I didn't know where we were, but I did NOT think we were there.

So yeah, this week has been an adventure. I love Sister W. She's 25, and the only member of her family, so I really admire her. And I feel like I can learn a lot from her, so I'm excited for this transfer. It's going to be hard and different, but that's ok. Sister W. and I have already been getting to know each other a lot, and she's really fun, so I'm grateful. And, my Chinese is already getting better, haha, so, it'll be good :) That's about it for this week though, it's been a crazy one. 

Well I love you guys! And I miss you a lot, but I'm doing good :)
Tell everyone hi! And I'll be sending pictures in a minute. 

-Sister George

Saying goodbye to Sister P.
Sister George and Sister W., her new companion!




https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif



No comments:

Post a Comment