Hi
Mom and Dad!
Well,
this week has been great! This email might be a little shorter than normal,
because the keyboard I'm using right now is really not normal, haha, but I'll
try. But anyways, first off, Z. Jei Mei's baptism was amazing! She and the Elder's investigator and an 8 year old boy in the ward
were all baptized, and it was so awesome! I'll write more about that
later.
So
this week . . . Tuesday we had Zone Training Meeting, and it was
really good! Funny story, we thought that the
meeting was in ZhuBei, so we were on the train with the Elders headed there,
when miraculously the MiaoLi Elders called us to make sure we knew it was in
XinZhu, haha. So we had to hop off really fast and figure out how to get there.
Other than being about 20 minutes late, it turned out fine. And seeing all the
other missionaries was so fun too.
Then on
Wednesday we went to Taipei for the Temple Sister's Training, and that was
SO fun! Haha, I love having all the sisters together. It's like a big party. And I
found out our temple day is April 30, so we're really excited for that.
And the temple sisters training was awesome, and we got lunch and brownies
after too.
After
the training we went on exchanges with the Sister Training Leaders. I came
back to ZhuNan with Sister C. and Sister W. went to XinZhu with Sister
B., and that was so fun! Sister C. is so cute, and it was really cool.
Long story short, the entire exchange we only had about an hour of contacting
time, but within 30 minutes one day we found a new investigator and set a date
with her. Unfortunately, last night, we found out she's actually in the Elder's
area, but, that's ok! Still counts as a miracle, haha.
![]() |
| Exchanges |
Saturday and Sunday were
wonderful too because we got to watch General Conference! It was
so fun being companions with some of the young women. I love the Young Women
here. We got to
watch all the sessions, and it was so great. Some of my favorite talks were Elder Uctdorf's, President Monson's, and then another one
from Saturday with the story about his wife jumping out of the truck with their baby, I forget his name. They were all awesome. And
then of course Sunday was the baptism! It was so great! Z.
Jei Mei is so amazing. Her daughter attended (and we're actually hoping her
daughter, who is 12, can be baptized this month as well) and it was so sweet. The
entire ward was there, and Z. Jei Mei was holding my hand before the
baptism, and then just grinning the entire rest of the meeting. It was cool
that three people could be baptized as well; it's exciting for the ward. They
will be confirmed next Sunday, and then it will be official! It was a
great day yesterday.
![]() |
| Qiao Jie Mei, W. Jie Mei and her daughter |
![]() |
| A great baptism service! |
Well,
that's about it for this week! It's flown by! This week will too probably,
we're already super busy, and Wednesday we will be in meetings ALL
day with President and Sister Day, and Elder and Sister Wilson (a
zone training meeting thing), so this week will fly by too.
I'll
be sending some pictures soon :)
Well
I love you two! Thanks for all your support. I couldn't do it without it.
I
love you and miss you!
-Sister
George
![]() |
| Sister George with one of the YW in the ward leaving for college in the US. |





No comments:
Post a Comment