TAIWAN TAIPEI MISSION

"Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day."

- Doctrine and Covenants 4:2

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

April 6, 2014

Hi Mom and Dad! 

This week has been good :) It's been full of lots and lots of contacting / finding, but it actually went by pretty fast! I'm getting used to the changes this transfer, and I'm loving Sister W., so it's good. Although I'm currently soaking wet because it's raining and I forgot my poncho thingy, haha, but that's ok :) 

Well, first I want to say that this Saturday we think we'll have a baptism! It's Z. Jei Mei, and she is so wonderful. I don't remember if I've told you about her yet, but both she and her son are our investigators. They were originally the Elders investigators, but then they changed our boundaries, so us sisters are lucky enough to teach them. And they are both wonderful. We already went over the baptismal interview questions with Z. Jei Mei, and she said, 'no problem, I believe them all'. So tomorrow she's having her interview, and then hopefully this Saturday after conference will be her baptism :) So we're REALLY excited. It was the coolest thing too. In her prayer at the end of the lesson, she literally said "Heavenly Father, I'm really excited that I get to be baptized. I wish the time could come a little sooner." I could have started crying I was so happy! So, that was by FAR the highlight of the week. I'll be sure to let you know next week how everything went. The Elders are also having an investigator get baptized this Saturday, so it will be a big service. It's exciting for all the ward here. 

As for Sister W. and I, I love her. Haha, I don't know why I was so stressed last week, because she's great. She's already helping my Chinese a ton, and I'm teaching her some English. She's really understanding, and willing to work hard. I'm lucky to be with her; I know I can learn a lot. Sometimes, it's hard just because we come from such different backgrounds, but I feel like we're both good at seeing each other's points of view, and we're both good at laughing, so this transfer will be fun. 

Something fun from this week, we went to the ocean and did ocean side contacting! Haha, and even better, it was a holiday, so there were a TON of people there! Haha, and it was amazing weather, so it was just so fun. I'm going to send you some pictures later. I love the ocean, and just water in general. I've been blessed to have the ocean in all of my areas so far, haha. 

Contacting on the beach

Countryside on the way to the ocean


Another little miracle from this week is H. Jei Mei. So, we've started bringing the Relief Society President with us every time we go to visit, and it has helped her so much. At first we were a little nervous, because last time Sister P. and I brought a member, it didn't turn out well. But it helps her so much! Granted, they all start speaking Taiyu half the time, but I don't even care. As long as she progresses, and she actually is! We're reviewing all the lessons, and helping her understand, and she came to church again! It's taking a little longer than we thought it would, but we definitely believe that she can be baptized this month. She just needs to have her second interview. We're hoping for April 26 (Sister W.'s birthday, so it's great) and we're really excited for her. This month is awesome! 

Well, I really can't think of anything else from this week, haha. Thanks for all the pictures of conference! We're watching it this weekend (it takes a week later since we're in Taiwan) and I'm so excited. It's crazy to think that it's already been 6 months since I watched last years, haha. Sister W. and I will have to split up for it, because I need to watch English and she needs Chinese, so I'm going to be using a computer with a Young Woman who has great English, and Sister W. will be with the ward, so it will be good. The Elders will have their own set up too. 

This week is crazy though. Tomorrow we're going to XinZhu from Zone Meeting, then Wednesday we get to go to Taipei for Temple Tour Training (all the sister missionaries are going, it's going to be great) then after that we're having exchanges with the Sister Training Leaders, and then after that it's conference, baptism, and more conference. This week is going to fly by. I'm excited for all of it though! 

Thanks for getting that package in the mail this week. I'm excited for it. And yeah! Mother's Day is almost here! It's interesting, because the Friday before Mother's Day is Transfers, so, if I move, I don't really know how I'll get you the information to skype and everything...I'll have to ask President Day about that and then I'll let you know :)

I love you! And hope you all have a great week :) I'll be sending pictures soon.

Love,
Sister George

Sister Missionaries!




https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment