Hi
Mom and Dad!
Thank
you for all the packages!!! Haha, I got the actual Christmas one last Monday,
and I'm not going to lie, it took a lot of self-control not to open up the
presents! Haha, but I didn't, they are all still successfully wrapped and under
the tree. I've been loving the m 'n m's and the hot chocolate though! I actually
thought once or twice about asking you to send hot chocolate, but I always
forgot, so thank you! Haha, I love it, and the marshmallows are perfect.
Well, this week really has flown by, haha. I don't even know where it went! Last Monday was really fun, for part of P-day we went out to Hot Pot as a district, and it was super fun. I ate way too much, but it was worth it, haha. And last Monday night was a choir performance in Taipei for a young single adult activity, so that was really fun. I'm really glad we got to be in the choir, it's been really fun to sing all the Christmas songs, and being with that many missionaries makes it feel especially like Christmas, haha, I like it. We had an investigator attend too and she is really great! She's been to church twice, and last Monday somehow we got on the topic of wishes, and she said her wish was to quickly receive baptism. Both Sister Edwards and I were amazed, she's great. She's started to come to our English class too, so it's exciting!
Then Tuesday we had Zone Conference, and that was pretty
fun. I wasn't able to pass off the Evaluation 1-3 from Phase 1 because they
canceled Practice teaching out of the day, which was a little frustrating,
because I can only do it with a zone leader, but apparently they're coming to
our District Meeting this week, so it's ok, haha. I feel like I'm improving a
lot in Chinese, but sometimes I realize that there is still so much I don't
know how to say! But it's ok, I'm getting there.
Wednesday morning
we had temple tour training, and that was super fun. It was the majority of the
sisters in the mission, except for the Hua Lien and Tai Dong zones because
they're too far away, and it was super fun. We gave some practice tours and
they gave us lunch and it was just really fun. Pretty much when a ton of
missionaries get together, it's always a good time, haha. We also had to take a
box of 32 Book of Mormons back home with us, so that was definitely an
adventure. It was so heavy! One of us would hold it and walk for about 10
minutes, then we had to switch, hah. But we did it and made it back successfully!
That's the second box we've gone through together, so that's kind of cool to
think about. Giving away Book of Mormons is super fun actually, haha.
English
class that night was really cool too. I led the 30 minute spiritual share all
by myself, haha, so that was nerve-wracking, but really cool that I was able to
do it! The Elders had forgotten to prepare anything, so I taught everyone about
how God always helps us, and there were about 14 students. It was definitely
different than a normal lesson, and it was definitely different than just
teaching RS where everyone is already a member, but I did it, so that was
cool.
Then Thursday night was really fun and cool too. We had
dinner with one of our investigators and I think it helped
her a lot. We talked a lot about having real intent and how sometimes the
Spirit is just really small, and it might not be a big massive experience, and
that helped her I think. It's so hard to explain, but once she feels it she'll
know, or she could already be feeling it and not know. She's already in 2 Nephi
27, and keeping all the commandments, and she's been to church the past 6
weeks, so she'll get her answer.
Friday night
our choir performed in Beitou, and that was really fun. We ended up running into a lot of
other missionaries on the way there, so we all ate together by the church
before the performance, and it was really fun. One sister had some sushi (a
member gave it to her) so I got to eat some sushi too, it was so good. I love
sushi.
Then Saturday we were in Taipei all day, literally, ALL day.
We left at about 6:45AM,
and got back around 10:20.
We were both exhausted to say the least. We had a fireside with Elder Packer of
the 70 in the morning, which was really good. He talked a lot about how to use
family history to help people feel the Spirit and to bring the Spirit, so that
was really cool. Then we practiced for the Nativity we were singing with (with
the Taipei English Ward) and then went out contacting, and then more
practicing, then all performances from 5-9. It was so tiring, but super fun.
The Nativity was so cool! They went all out too, and we sang a couple songs by
ourselves and with them, it was really fun. The contacting was really fun.
Sister Edwards and I managed to get split up, so we just stayed in the same
general area, and it was really fun to talk to more people! I also straightened
my hair that day for the first time since being in Taiwan, and honestly, it
will probably be the last. It lasted about 30 minutes, then just went curly,
haha. I don't know why I even tried. A lot of people said it looked good still,
but that my curly hair looked more natural, so it's just gonna be natural for
the rest of my time here, haha. (this made her Dad and I chuckle!)
Church yesterday was awesome too! Haha, I was afraid of being
super tired because of Saturday,
but I wasn't and it was actually really fun! Sometimes church gets a little
stressful, because you're waiting for investigators and trying to figure out
what the speaker is saying to attempt to explain it, then trying to figure out
if you want to meet with people after church, and it can get crazy, but yesterday was awesome! In total, we had SIX
investigators there!!! It was awesome! Sister Edwards and I split up again after church
and taught with members, and that was really fun too. I shared the 10 commandments and keeping the Sabbath day holy with Z, which was a little
hard because she has classes Sunday,
but the peike (the member who attends) helped a lot, and she said she would try to figure something out
to make it work. She also came last night to our performance of the Nativity in
Taipei! I think it's so awesome that she went so far.
W is also scheduled for baptism this month, so I'll keep you updated on
that. We might have to change hers as well if she still feels like she hasn't
felt the Spirit. It's a little interesting with her, we know she likes being
with us and talking to us, but we're not exactly sure about her desire to grow
closer to Christ and for baptism, so we're just kind of waiting and trying to
help her feel the Spirit.
Church
was also fun because I took a little more initiative in setting up with people,
and I actually got it arranged on Friday for us to take W to a members home, which I was pretty
happy about. We're trying to take her to more and more members homes because it
easier to feel the Spirit there, so hopefully that works :)
Sorry
if this email is a little scattered, now that I have a time limit again my
brain is going too fast for my fingers. I've got about 40 more minutes, so I'll
be here for a little.
Well
I love you guys! Melissa said she already got the package I sent, so that'll be
there for you guys on Christmas, and I'm really excited to Skype to you guys
next week! And just again, thank you for all the letters you put together in
that pre-Christmas package, I really do love it :)
I
love you and miss you!
-Sister
George




No comments:
Post a Comment