Hey Mom and Dad!
Haha, Happy December! It's crazy
that it's already December, time is flying by.
And I looked for the package last
week, but it wasn't there yet, so hopefully it's there today. And yeah! Sister
Dyer called us! :) She called Saturday, but we were in a lesson, so Sister
Edwards said we would call her back, but turns out her number was international
and we can't call internationally, so that didn't work. Luckily she called us again
Sunday morning and I got to talk to her a little, but there wasn't any time to
see each other. She was so cute though, it was really nice of her. And for her
to leave me a package too! She said she went to Costco and left me some stuff
at the mission home, haha, it's really nice.
As for English class, it's just
every Wednesday from 7-8:30, and we generally have around 10 students, which
isn't very many compared to other areas, and we want to have more, but we're
working on it. We teach such a range of people, we have 8 year olds to 50 year
olds, all at varying levels. Sister Edwards and I teach the beginner with the
intermediate, and then Elder C teaches the advanced, and then Elder
P is the door man and helps people get the textbook and gets their
information and what not. Overall it's really fun. We've started talking about
what we want to do for our Christmas activity now, so I'm excited for that.
Christmas actually sounds like it
will be really fun here. Apparently we have a Christmas party, and zone
conference, and we get to Skype with you guys, and it sounds really fun. I
don't know for sure how the time is set up yet, but I'll figure it out soon and
then we can figure out when to Skype for sure.
Well, this week has been good! I saw
Whitney Bang! We had to go to Taipei for an English Class meeting and she was
there! It was so random, I was not expecting it at all. And it took me a few
seconds to realize it was her, haha, but it was really fun. I forget where
she's at, but she's on like, her 4th transfer I think? So just a couple ahead
of me. I'm already on my second! That's crazy, haha.
![]() |
| Amie and Whitney were in Young Women together at church in Shanghai! |
Also on Wednesday, there was a
training for all the missionaries and their trainers in my generation, so I got
to see everybody from the MTC! That was super fun too. It was just really good
to see everyone, especially my old companions. They really are great. And it
was fun to see how everyone is doing in their own area and with their
companions. I'm sure everyone else is doing great, but it made me really
grateful for my area, and the relationship I have with my companion. We were
talking about it, and it's not just that Sister Edwards and I get along, but we
enjoy working together, and we have fun. So it makes it a lot of fun :) They
also fed us tacos, so that was really fun too! I haven't had tacos in a while,
haha.
Thanksgiving was really fun too! We
went to the D's, and they had so much food! Haha, I think I ate even more
than I would if I had been at home. It was just all so good, and American
homemade food. She had to make everything from scratch, so it was really nice
of her. And she had invited some friends from her class that are just here for
about a year, so it was about, 12 people total, and it was really fun! It was
nice to be around a family and really celebrate Thanksgiving. Although, I
missed your potatoes, haha. But it was still good :)
On Saturday, we also did this zone
hiking activity, about an hour and a half to 2 hours away, and that was
really fun. It was for new members and investigators, but for some reason no
one was really good about communicating that, so not many people brought
someone, but it was still fun. Although hiking in a skirt and nice shoes is not
my idea of hiking, but it wasn't too intense, and it wasn't too hot or cold, so
that was good. Our investigator came with us, and I think she had a
really good time! We were with her a lot this weekend, haha. We had a lesson
with her Friday night, and then the hike Saturday morning, then church Sunday, then
there was a new member/investigator fireside Sunday night that she also came
with us too. She says she still doesn't know if she's felt the Spirit yet, but
she's still reading and praying, and keeping all the commandments, so she will.
Her date is set for 12/21, so we're getting excited and really started to do
some preparations for her baptism.
![]() |
| Pictures of the hiking activity |
There was also a visiting teaching
meeting/activity Saturday night that the RS President wanted us to go to, and
it basically just consisted of us eating another Thanksgiving meal, haha. We
ate so much this week! But it was so good, Taiwanese food really is just
delicious. It's just so good. There's no way to stop eating even when you're
full, haha. Especially when all the members give you more to eat even when you
say how full you are, haha, but that's alright. The members here are really
good to us, it's really nice.
Well, all of our investigators are
doing good too. It's kinda cool, this past week we got 2 new investigators, and
in the first meeting with both of them we set baptismal dates, and they both
seemed to really take it seriously and really think about it, so it was really
cool! One of them
even came to church for the full three hours yesterday! That was really cool.
W was also at church. So yay! L ( who's been at
church the past couple weeks) was out of town this week, so she couldn't make
it, but she says she's been reading, so that's good! We also met with L again FINALLY! It's
kind of a miracle, because we were about to drop her, because she never
answered any calls and she basically just disappeared for a few weeks. So
finally we asked a member she had met to give her a call, and she did, and then
L called us! Apparently her work schedule has just been crazy, she goes
in super early and then doesn't get off till really late, so there just was
never a time to call us. I don't know if that's the only reason or if there's
more, but we met with her this past week and she's still been reading, still
knows the Book of Mormon is true, and still wants to get baptized! It's just so
hard with her work schedule, she's a nurse and her schedule is insane. But she
said she would start trying her hardest. This month she's being put on the
night shift, so midnight to 8, and church starts at 9, so she said she would
try her hardest.
Another one of our investigators has been a little iffy too. Her school schedule is pretty intense,
so we haven't been to meet with her in a while either, and we called her
yesterday and apparently she's been going to another church and has stopped
reading the Book of Mormon. So that was a little hard to hear. But we're still
going to try and meet with her, at least a few more times. She said she just
feels more comfortable at that church, but we're going to work on it and try to
meet with her.
So yeah, this weeks been good!
There's been so many activities, and so much traveling, so it's been hard, and
tiring, but it's been good. We've gone to different areas so much, haha. That's
what this entire month is going to be like though, haha. With all the
performances with the choir and everything. And for the choir performances,
they're all over. We're actually performing here this weekend, so that'll
be fun for the ward to see. And then there's other areas, all within about 2
hours traveling away though, so still a little far, but not too terribly bad.
It'll be fun.
![]() |
| Catching a nap when she can :) |
It's actually finally starting to
get cold here too! I'm going to have to start wearing my coat pretty soon. I've
worn tights and scarves a couple times this week, so winter is finally coming
in. It especially just gets really cold when we're biking. We try to bike fast,
to make us warmer faster, but then the wind is harder, so there's no happy
medium. You're just cold no matter what, haha. But it hasn't started raining
every day yet, so that's good at least, haha. And I officially started
sleeping in the long underwear you sent me in the MTC, so thank you for those.
Although it's so hard to wake up in the morning now, I just want to stay in my
warm bed and not go running, haha. But it's been good.
So yeah, I'm doing good still! I
love it here, and the time really is flying by. I've already been out almost 4
months, it's crazy. The language is coming along too. I'm getting better at
talking to people. I feel like a big thing for me is, I can understand all of
them and what everyone is saying to me pretty well, but sometimes it's hard to
really respond and get my thoughts across the way I want to, so talking is
still the hardest for me. But I'm getting better at just starting to talk, and
then asking them if I said it right or not. And apparently my tones are really
good, so that's good to know! Haha, I'm glad, because those are definitely the
hardest.
Well I love you guys! And thank you
for the packages you're sending :) I'm really excited. I also sent you and
Dad a letter last week to your place in Texas, so you should be getting that
sometime soon.
I love you and miss you!









No comments:
Post a Comment