TAIWAN TAIPEI MISSION

"Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day."

- Doctrine and Covenants 4:2

Monday, January 6, 2014

December 23, 2013

Hey Mom and Dad!

Well, this might be a little shorter email because I'm short on time. And plus, we get to talk on Thursday, so yay!  I'm excited!

Well, it's Christmas Eve! It's so weird, it doesn't feel like it at all. Today is just busy. A busy, probably not so relaxing P-day, haha. A sister in the ward is making us lunch. And then we're going to Taipei because we sing in the choir. Then we're going to a family's house tonight for dinner, so that will be fun. Then tomorrow we have to be in Taipei by 7:30 am, so we have to leave by 6...so that'll be nice and early. Then we're there till 4. Then we're going to a different members house for dinner tomorrow night. Haha, so we will definitely be fed! As for presents, either tomorrow morning or tomorrow night, sometime on Christmas day :) Haha, I'm excited!

It's officially getting cold here. I understand now what Dad was saying about the cold just sinking into your bones, haha, it's freezing. I've been loving that hot chocolate you sent me though, it's been helping. And we have little space heaters that we use during studies. It's been raining constantly for about the past week though. We've had to come home and change sometimes because our skirts were just soaked. Haha, it's been fun. And my bike's brakes aren't the most reliable in the rain I've realized...hah, nothing bad happened, but I did run into a parked scooter last night. They work, just not well, or fast. So I just ride really slow. If it gets worse, which it most likely will, I'll take it in.

I got the package from Victoria C. last week! That was so nice of her! Everything was wrapped, so I haven't opened it yet, but tell her thank you from me! I don't have her information.
(Amie sent these pictures in her next email home of her opening the package.  Victoria is another sweet friend from our Branch in Shanghai who now lives in Taipei with her family!.  Thanks so much Vickey!  )




Last Monday night, we went singing with the choir at Taipei Main Station (a big MRT stop) and that was really fun. We ended up giving out 2 Book of Mormons, and meeting a guy who lives in our area, so we were able to get a referral for the Elders. It was pretty cool.

Another cool thing was last Tuesday (I think) we only had about 30 minutes of contacting time, and we really wanted to find two new investigators, and we did! It was amazing. I think they were the second people we talked to, 2 girls who are friends, and they both set up with us, so that was awesome. We met with one of them last night, but the other one we haven't met with yet, it was really cool though.

Oh kind of just a funny story, I almost got taken out by an umbrella the other day. I was riding along, and this guy walking on the side of the road started swinging his umbrella, and it was a close call for me to be hit by it, haha. But I wasn't! I've gotten good at swerving.

Not the same 'bike and umbrella incident', but a funny one!



Oh! Another cool thing, was yesterday. So, we had this plan, something for every hour, and somehow, by about 1, it had all changed. Everyone canceled or didn't show up, but in spite of that, the day was really good! We got a new investigator who we're meeting with Saturday, and we had 3 other lessons with lots of Books of Mormon and it was a really good day in spite of everything! It was cold, and my outfit was ridiculous, but it was a good day!

Sorry my email is kind of wimpy this week! Drive safe to Idaho! I'm kind of jealous of the snow. I do love rain, but it's not the same as snow :)

I love you! Tell everyone else Merry Christmas from me!!!

Love you,

Sister George

No comments:

Post a Comment