Hi
Mom and Dad!
This
week has been crazy! But the week that you guys had there also sounds pretty
crazy! Haha, that's so exciting about Alexa's baptism! (Alexa is Amie's oldest niece) I'm looking forward to
those pictures next week :) Oh and before I forget, WPS is just Weekly Planning
Session :) Haha, we have it every Thursday from 1-4, and basically
just plan for all our investigators and plan the next
week out.
Well,
before I wait any longer, the highlight of the week was TRANSFERS! Haha, so we
found out Wednesday night who was moving, and it was ME! It was
so up in the air, we had no idea who would go and who would stay. Sister
Edwards had been in Dan Shui for quite a while, so everyone guessed she was
going to leave and I was going to stay, but both of us felt like I was leaving
and she was staying. Well, they called and told us that I was moving! It was
pretty exciting. Also really made me kind of nervous, haha, not knowing where I was
going or who was going to be my companion, but Friday's transfer meeting turned
out really well. I am now in Zhu Nan (also spelled Chu Nan) with Sister Peay! And it's pretty awesome!
Zhu
Nan is about an hour and 45 minute bus ride from Taipei, so more south. Looking
at a map will probably explain it a lot better than I ever could, but it's
really nice here! It's definitely different, a lot smaller. Not
like Dan Shui at all. Not nearly as many people, and it's actually only been
open for sister missionaries for about 6 months, so it's still fairly new too, but I'm
getting used to it. And my companion is great! After this transfer she will only have 6
months left in Taiwan. It's definitely an adjustment, new place, new companion,
new everything, but it's still really good. I only took a small bag with
me to the transfer meeting, so Sister Edwards shipped the rest of my stuff
(including my bike) to Zhu Nan, and hopefully I'll be getting that stuff today. The apartment is nice here! Not as nice as Dan Shui, but I'm pretty sure
that's like the nicest apartment in the entire mission, so I'm not surprised.
The apartment here is good though! I've only found a few cockroaches...haha,
it's good though. I still have my own bathroom which is really nice, and it's
got nice windows, and it's good! Probably either an average apartment for a
missionary or a little nicer still. Unfortunately there is no gym, but
there's a couple tracks near by, and we went running at
one Saturday morning and that was nice.
It's
definitely smaller here, which I am not fully used to yet, but I'm getting
there. I kinda feel like when I went from Shanghai, China to Rexburg, Idaho,
haha, just that adjustment. And it's lots of contacting. For example yesterday,
we contacted from about 4-9...haha, surprisingly it wasn't too bad, although by
the end we were both just a little exhausted to say the least, haha, but the
people here are really nice! I feel like it'll be good for me. More contacting,
kind of a slower moving city, and the ward was really nice yesterday. They're
all super impressed with my Chinese, which makes me feel good, but I really
want to keep up the learning and everything. Sister Edwards and I would always
speak Chinese with each other, and I feel like her drive for learning the
language really helped me, so I want to be sure not to lose that.
![]() |
| The view from her new apartment |
So
yeah! This week's been crazy! Haha, it feels like it's lasted forever just with
everything going on, but at the same time I really can't remember much from
last week before I moved. Saying good bye to some investigators, specifically A, was hard, she gave both Sister Edwards and I
bracelets Wednesday night, because she knew we would find out that
night who was moving. And then I called her Thursday, and also wrote her a
little note that Sister Edwards is supposed to give her, so that was good. The
investigators here are good though too! It was also hard to leave because a lot
of our really good investigators in Dan Shui, Sister Edwards and I found
together, so I kind of wanted to see them thru, and it's hard because I still
don't really feel like I know the investigators a ton here, but I'm getting
there. I'm excited to be here though! I think it'll be good :)
Something
kind of fun from this week, I got told twice that I sound like a Taiwan person!
Haha, I was so surprised. One was in Dan Shui, we found an LA and when we went
to go meet her she was like, "Wait, who's the one who called me?" And
I said it was me, and she was like "Wow, I'm surprised you're an
American! You sounded like a Taiwan person on the phone!" And then another
time in Zhu Nan, we were going to visit a recent convert and I said
the opening prayer, and he was super impressed, he was like "Wow, you
sound like a Taiwan person, you don't really have an American accent at
all". So that was fun! It makes me feel good, haha, but I want to be sure
to keep improving. I've been focusing a lot lately on mimicking other's
Chinese, because I would love not to have an accent, hahah.
But
yeah, so this week's been good! Crazy busy but good! I don't really know what
else to update on, haha, I'm attaching some pictures, of Sister Edwards and I
last day together, Sister Peay and I, and the apartment. I don't have my stuff
yet, so it's still kind of bare and I'll send more once I'm unpacked next week,
but yeah! I'm doing good here! Oh, and my district seems great here too! 2
elders stayed, so they're the same, and then one Elder came in, who actually
served here about a year ago, it was his second area too, and his companion
stayed here. So, it's Sister Peay and I, and 4 elders, and they all seem great.
It's kind of interesting moving, haha, but I like it. I guess change is
something you get even more used to on a mission. I'm excited to see how this
transfer goes though.
Well,
that's about it I think. I'm not going to be going to Taipei nearly as much this
transfer, so I'll let you know soon if I do need anything, so when I do get to
go to Taipei I'll be able to pick it up.
I
love and miss you! I'm glad you all had a good New Years :) We heard the
fireworks, but couldn't celebrate at all, haha, but that's ok. Sleep was way
worth it, haha.
Love
and miss you!
-Sister
George
![]() |
| Saying goodbye to her first companion, Sister Edwards :( |
![]() |
| A few other pictures Sister George sent home this week. |








No comments:
Post a Comment