Sept. 30, 2013
Hey Mom and Dad!
Well I'm glad I was on the screen so
you guys got to see me! I just sent you a ton of pictures
from this past week,
so hopefully you get all those. It was definitely weird seeing myself on screen
like that, haha, but it was really fun to do it. We had to practice every single morning, so I was completely exhausted, but it was so much fun. And it felt good to get out of the MTC for a little bit. And I had never been to conference or anything before like that, so it was super fun! We left the MTC at about 1, then got there, got seated according to height, rehearsed, the RS Presidency talked to us, then got a snack, and got back in our seats for the broadcast. The day went by super fast. The talks were really good too, I know you guys already watched it, but it was awesome hearing President Monson speak. And we get to watch it again this weekend (while the elders are watching the Priesthood session) so I'm excited for that. And at the end, the entire RS Presidency gave every single sister a hug! So it took a while to get out of there, but that was super nice of them. We got a few waves from the First Presidency and Elder Holland who was there as well, so it was way fun! And when I was walking back to the bus I ran into Sarah P (from BYUI), haha it was crazy. I gave her a quick hug and then had to go, but it was fun to see her.
Pictures of Sister George's trip to Salt Lake City to sing in the MTC choir
for the General Relief Society Broadcast
for the General Relief Society Broadcast
![]() |
![]() |
Well as for the Sister Training Leaders, it doesn't
matter if it's just a twosome or a trio, but we're it till we leave. Although
practically all we do on Sundays is lots and lots of meetings, but that's ok.
It's still fun. We went around last Monday night to visit all the sisters, and
it seriously took about an hour, and one of the companionships is just really
not getting along, so we're trying to help with that as best we can. And
currently my zone is just made up of 3 districts, because a ton of the people
that were here when I got here have left. It used to be 6 districts. I
don't really know too much about infield orientation actually, I know it's
practically all day Thursday, and some people have said it's amazing and others
have said that it was the most boring thing ever, so I guess we'll see, haha.
It's in English though, so that'll be weird.
This week's been good though! Let's
see, we hosted for the first time this past week and that was so much fun! I
had to host like 12 girls (normally you do 3 tops) because they were so
short on Sister hosts, so anytime I walked by an Elder hosting a Sister he got
me to do it instead, haha. But it was fun! All the girls were super nice
and it was fun to remember when I checked in. And I saw Noelle B! (She's a
friend from BYUI too). She was in a car dropping someone
off and I was walking by with my girl I was hosting and we got a quick hug and
then had to leave, but yeah so that was crazy! Wednesday was a crazy day just
because of hosting, but it was really fun. We're doing it again this week, and
it'll be our last opportunity so it'll be good! (when they 'host', they greet the new missionaries being dropped off at the curb outside, help with their luggage and take them inside to check-in and orientation)
Then Thursday was just amazing
because I got the Reese's Puffs and my travel plans! Haha, it was a great day. The Reese's Puffs were perfect Dad! And don't
worry, I figured out the milk situation. For a couple breakfasts, I just took
the entire box to the cafeteria and got milk there, and there's actually a
vending machine on my floor that has milk in it, so I did that too :) Haha, it
was great. I've already gone through one box, I had them for
breakfast a couple times, then lunch today, and then just snacking in the
classroom. I also got to share some with my district because apparently they
aren't just my favorite, haha. But I'm saving one box for this weekend, General
Conference snacks and then breakfast on Sunday (because that's always the
craziest to get food). So thank you for those! And I leave in a week and a day!
![]() |
| Her favorite cereal, thanks to same day delivery from Post Mart! |
I'm getting a little nervous, haha not going to lie, but not too bad. I'm not nervous about being in Taiwan or anything, because I honestly probably feel most comfortable in Asia, haha, but I'm just anxious to see what it's like, because I know it'll be way different than what I was used to in Shanghai. And if my Chinese is actually as good as it needs to be to fully communicate with people, because I have a feeling MTC Chinese is different than actually talking to people on the streets in Taipei, but we'll see. I've realized I can pretty much say anything I want to say, it's just a matter of if it's in the correct tones, and if I actually get the right point across. I'm continuing to work on vocab, and just reading out of the Book of Mormon to help with tones and everything, so I'm sure it will be good. I'm still way more excited than anything else, haha.
I hoped you liked all the pictures! I had to take some with the Reese's Puffs, so many people were jealous, haha. I loved them.
Well I love you! And I can't believe
this is my last week here! Haha I'm so excited! But the time has seriously
flown by! I'll try and write you a last letter this week, at least the
last one from the MTC.
Love and Miss you!!
-Qiao JieMei








No comments:
Post a Comment