TAIWAN TAIPEI MISSION

"Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day."

- Doctrine and Covenants 4:2

Monday, October 7, 2013

Sister George Flies to Taipei, Taiwan Today!


October 7, 2013

 
Hey Mom and Dad!

 
Oh my gosh it has been a crazy P-day, and a crazy week in general!  It's gone by so fast!  I can't believe its already time for me to go to Taiwan! I'm so excited!

General Conference was pretty great. I'm definitely not used to having to be in church dress and sit in uncomfortable chairs for every single session, but I liked it. My district and I went early so we could get some cushy chairs, and we all brought candy and snacks and stuff and just shared the entire time, so it was good. It'd be hard for me to pick a favorite talk, but I really liked Elder Uchtdorf's and Elder Holland's. Also Elder Dube's, and some other ones but I can't remember who they're by. One was on teaching in the Sunday Afternoon session and I really liked that one too. All of them were great!

Well, thank you for all the packages!!! Haha, I loved them! A package a day was definitely the best way to end my MTC stay, haha, so thank you. And so far I've been able to fit everything in.   :)  I have pretty much everything packed, I just have to get all my bathroom stuff together in the morning, and then just weigh them and make sure, but I'm almost positive they'll be good. I'll weigh them tonight to be sure, then I don't have to worry in the morning. We're reporting to the Travel Office at 6 am now instead of 7:30 because we're taking the Frontrunner to the airport, instead of whatever else we would have taken, so it's a little bit earlier, but should be fine. I'll just sleep on the way to the airport.

This week's been good though! It seems like a lot more has happened than has actually happened just because it's been so busy with getting ready to leave. We had In-Field Orientation Thursday and that was good. It was really long, and lots and lots of sitting, but it was good. It was a lot about how to find/contact people and how to work with the members, so I'm excited to go out and start doing that. It was also fun because 2 guys from the Distrct were the teachers, so that was fun. That's about it for In-Field Orientation, haha, just a lot of information, but it was fun.

We hosted again Wednesday and that was super fun. Especially since I got to tell people I was leaving in less than a week, haha, that was fun. I hosted 4 girls, one going to Korea so that was exciting. We had a District Departing Devotional Friday morning (which is where one of the first pictures from this morning is from) and that was good. We just went around and shared the biggest thing we learning in the MTC and then just talked a lot about packing and traveling and everything. The actual MTC Departing Devotional was last night with the MTC Presidency and that was good. Oh, and Vocal Point came, so that was fun! They're an acapella singing group from BYU, and it was really fun.

Amie's District along with the other Mandarin speaking District in her Zone, with the President of the MTC and his wife.
It really is crazy that I'm already leaving for Taiwan tomorrow morning. It hasn't sunk in yet. It probably won't until I get there and it feels like the Shanghai airport did, haha. I'm excited.  That would be so much fun if Sister Dyer and the Pudong Branch came to Taiwan! I think someone told me that they switched up the branches or something, and it's not like I really even know anyone in that Branch anymore because they've all moved out or graduated or what not, but it would still be way fun! I'm excited to get to Taiwan and meet my new companion and Mission President and everything. The closer it gets to when I'm leaving the more excited and less nervous I get, haha.

Well, that's about it :) My companions and I are meeting up with Sister Bready tonight at 6 before class to just talk about Taiwan and she's gonna bring some pictures and stuff, so that'll be fun. I'm gonna miss my teachers a lot. But yeah, I guess I'll just talk to you tomorrow! I'll call you first chance I get in the airport.

I love you!

-Qiao Jie Mei

Amie with one of her teachers

Packing again, and getting ready to head to Taiwan!
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment