September 2, 2013
Hey Mom and Dad!
Today's been such a nice P-day! Haha.
The temple is closed because of Labor Day, so instead of going to the temple, we just went
back to the residence and slept for another 2 hours and it felt so good! I miss
naps, haha, but then we did laundry and had lunch, and it's been a good day so
far! I just sent quite a few pictures. I did some of the map one, and that
Taiwan shirt is one I got at the bookstore, that was earlier this morning, and
the one with the other Sister is because we met thru a mutual friend and we figured out who each other were, and then one is of the last day
with one of our teachers, and then the others are of my room.
This week's been good! I saw Thomas
Parker! Haha finally! It was so random, we were just getting lunch or dinner, I
can't remember, and he just said my name and I turn around and he's just
walking right beside me. It took me a little bit to realize it was him! Haha, we
talked for a while though and talked to each others districts, because two
elders in my district are also going to Singapore, so that was fun! He said
thank you for the donuts! Haha, we're meeting up on Tuesday after choir but
before devotional to try and take a picture because he leaves next Tuesday, so
yeah! I finally got to see him! And the package was perfect! And the cookies
were especially delicious, haha I shared some with my district so I didn't eat
them all, but they were amazing, haha thank you.
It's kind of sad though, we lost
both our teachers! We had Bi LaoShi (Bi is the name, and LaoShi is teacher) and Shi LaoShi. Bi LaoShi told us he
was leaving for school, but Shi LaoShi just had to switch classes, so now we
have two new teachers, they both seem nice but it's just kind of weird. When you
spend like 6 hours a day in class you get kind of attached to your teachers,
haha.
The studying is going good. I've
been reading the Book of Mormon in English and in Chinese, but mainly in
English at night, and I've been trying to do vocab for Chinese during the day.
It's hard though because I never know what to study for sure because I already know
quite a bit, so I've been focusing on some characters lately. Now I can write like 3/4 in simplified and 1/4 in traditional (characters), so I'm
getting there. And my teacher said my tones are getting a lot better, since
mainly everyone just writes in pinyin (phoenetic spelling of Mandarin) because they don't really teach
characters here, so I think that's good.
Let's see, what else happened this week. In about a week my district will be the oldest ones in the building, so that's crazy. And I actually bore my testimony in full Chinese during church, and everyone said I did a good job, so that was cool. I'm to the point in Chinese again where it's just easier to think of a sentence already in Chinese, like versus thinking of what I want to say in English first and then translate it. I mainly just think in Chinese and then use English words when I don't know how to say it. So that's pretty cool. I can't believe I'm almost halfway done with the MTC, it's crazy. It doesn't seem like it. Which I guess is good.
OH! For devotional Elder Anderson
came to speak! Two apostles in 3 weeks is pretty awesome! Haha, and it was raining
like crazy when we had to walk home, but it was super fun. We were all just
drenched and laughing, and then we had district meeting after that, and it was
hilarious, haha.
I can't really think of anything else that happened. I actually think I might be a little sad when I leave the
MTC, haha, my district has basically become a family, and it's like all of the
other Mandarin districts in our building and in our branch are like our
extended family, haha, it's fun.
Well, I miss you guys! But I'm still
doing great! Haha, I keep waiting for the moment when I have a bad day or when I
don't want to be here anymore, and it hasn't happened yet, so I guess that's
good! Haha, and by the way Dad, I will say that the traditional characters do
look much nicer. They are definitely harder and more tedious to learn how to
write, but once you can write them, they do just look classy, haha.
Love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment