TAIWAN TAIPEI MISSION

"Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day."

- Doctrine and Covenants 4:2

Monday, August 26, 2013

An email from Amie!! - By Melissa


Here's parts of an email I got from Amie this week:

Thank you for your letter by the way! I think I got it on Friday or Saturday, and it was perfect. I love getting letters. So we should each write a letter to each other throughout the week too, cause then we have email Monday and a letter in the middle of the week. It breaks it up nice. (Seems like she really likes receiving mail!)

And yeah I do really like the packages from Mom, haha. My district also loved the donuts, it was funny. I had a ton of red white and blue sprinkles around my desk and my teacher was just laughing at me, cause technically we're not supposed to have food in the classroom, haha, even though I have lemonheads and chocolate under my desk as I type haha.

For the Book of Mormon, I kind of do both. I mainly just read it in my English scriptures, because they I get more out of doctrinally, but during language study sometimes I'll read my Chinese one. It's just annoying reading that cause I KNOW I know ALL of those characters in simplified, but I can't tell what they are in traditional so I feel like I'm starting completely over with characters! For once my speaking is better than my writing, haha. I'm trying to get my characters back up though, but I'm also trying to focus on tones a lot, so it's hard. My speaking is getting way good, like, really good. I told Mom in the email I sent her about TRC, and seriously, I spoke so fluently! Like better than I did in Shanghai even and I didn't have a script or notes or anything. I was really proud. It is hard though cause one of my companions hardly knows about Chinese, so I just start going off in Chinese and she asks me to translate, so I have to speak then translate, then get back in the lesson and figure out what my other companion just said, and it's kind of hard. But it's getting better!

Today was a way good P- day too, and it still has like, 4 more hours, so I might actually get a nap today! We actually got into the temple on time, which helped everything, and my laundry is already done which is awesome. I'm getting to know a lot of the other missionaries in my building too and that's fun, I get random chinese hellos all the time which is nice. And gym time is pretty good, We have it every day except Friday, Sunday and Monday. And one of my companions really likes sand volleyball, so we switch off between that and the gym. But I think on the sand volleyball days I'll run like a mile and half first, then do volleyball. Because as fun as volleyball is, I don't get a great work out. But gym time is super nice, I hit like 4.5 miles on the elliptical the other day which I was proud of for it only being 40 minutes, haha. 

Most of the email I receive is really similar to my parents...but if there's ever different and funny stuff, I'll share it!

2 comments: