Hi
Mom and Dad!
This
week...hahaha, this week. Oh man, I don't even know where to start!
It
has been CRAZY here in HuaLien, just utterly crazy. Crazy busy. Crazy exhausting. Crazy good. Crazy biking. So long story short, Sister Edwards and Sister
Hibbert returned home, Sister Walker moved (which none of us were expecting)
and I am now with Sister Roy (from Hawaii) and we are now covering BOTH the
branches in HuaLien! (The first branch and the second) And I have never been
more exhausted in my entire life. Haha, it's crazy. We have to take care of
BOTH areas! Which means double the investigators, double the LA's, double the
members, and two sacrament meetings.
![]() |
| Amie with her new companion after a baptism. |
I
did not see this coming. So, especially this past weekend was crazy. We've been
biking back and forth between appointments since Friday. I haven't even had
any time to really think about it. Luckily Sister Roy is awesome, and always reminds me not to get too stressed...just do
the best we can, stay healthy and happy, and that's the most important. So
she's great.
Oh,
and we're both officially Sister Training Leaders now, so that's exciting.
I'm
guessing that this is only temporary, while we wait for those 25 missionaries
who are still in America to get their visa. My guess is it will be for about
3-4 weeks, and then they'll come on and HuaLien will get some more sisters. Lots of
people (missionaries and members included) have been asking us what our plans are to handle the situation and take care of everybody, and honestly, it's just
to try and get to know the people, and make sure that they are all ok. I've kind of been running off of pure determination and faith the past
few days, but hey, it must have worked because all is still well here, haha.
It's an adventure to say the least. Luckily, the Elders we have in the area are
awesome and super willing to help, and the members as well. So I can't complain.
Basically, that's been my week. OH! And guess what! Sister
Walker moved to ZhuNan! I was SO excited when I heard that! Apparently, she
went to PEC Friday night and told them that she came from HuaLien with
Qiao JeiMei and they were all excited, haha. That makes me happy. Those
members are going to take such good care of her, I'm glad.
As for some of the STL (sister training leader) responsibilities we have, well,
we're going up to Taipei twice this week. Tomorrow for a new STL meeting, and
also Friday for Leadership Council. We go on exchanges with the Sisters, we're
there for them when they have problems, we train them on different things, and really just be good examples pretty much. Hopefully after the meeting tomorrow both
Sister Roy and I will know better our responsibilities.
As for some miracles, it's been awesome and full of them! Our
investigator J-- came to church, for the first time! I was
so excited I could have cried, haha. We met with her after, and she brought up
her own baptismal date again, and said how she would be there next week, and
try to come for Sunday school too. So that was such a miracle. We're really hoping
for a November baptism with her. Another new investigator came too and that was
great. It's been a while since we've had investigators at church, so it
made me really happy to see some of them come.
Something else crazy from this past week was seeing
Reins! Yeah, the woman from the Philippines that used to be a Catholic
missionary in ZhuNan! We were out on the street passing out some English tracts
and she randomly came up and gave me a hug! She's here for a retreat, and then
will go back to ZhuNan I think for another mission. It was so awesome to see
her!
We did have the English party last week, and it actually went
really, really well and smooth. We did games and talked about Halloween! I
didn't get to use a lot of the stickers you sent me, but it actually works out
perfectly because this Friday (Halloween) the 1st branch is having a trunk or
treating activity, and they want the missionaries in charge of the games, so I
can use them for that and I'm sure the kids will love them. Thanks for sending
those to me :)
So yeah, that's about it for this week. It's been crazy. I love you Mom and Dad! Have a great week, and Happy
Halloween!
Love,
Sister
George








No comments:
Post a Comment