TAIWAN TAIPEI MISSION

"Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day."

- Doctrine and Covenants 4:2

Monday, November 10, 2014

November 2, 2014

Hi Mom and Dad! 

Well your Halloween sounds a lot more relaxing than mine. We were in Taibei all day Friday for the Leadership Council, and then we got back around 8 and had to go straight to the 1st Branch Halloween Party and do the spiritual share there. It was tiring, but fun!

Sister Roy and I are doing great! She's really awesome. We actually end our missions at the same time, so we're hoping that we'll both just stay in HuaLien till the end of our missions and return home together at the same time, haha. 

Going up to Taibei was good . . . good and exhausting I should say. We had to get up around 4:40 am each day and it was hard, but it was good. The first meeting on Tuesday was for the new STL (sister training leaders) / District Leaders, and just a lot about our responsibilities and how to be a good example for those in your area, and stuff like that. President and Sister Day both did trainings, so that was good. Then Friday was Leadership Council, and that was really cool. All of the STL and Zone Leaders in the mission, along with President and Sister Day, the Assistants and Temple Sisters attend, and it was good. It was all day, 9-5, so we didn't get back to HuaLien till about 8, but it was good. Lots of training on how to use Preach My Gospel, we talked about the vision / plans for the month of November, they fed us a delicious lunch with brownies (I haven't had brownies in SO long) and yeah! It was fun to see all the other missionaries and hear President Day's vision. I think it's really cool that I get to attend. Sometimes I forget that I really do count as an 'old missionary', haha. 

On the train to Taipei...with candy corn!

This past week was good though! Exhausting, as usual, but not quite as completely draining as last week was. One miracle was J-- coming to church yesterday again! And she actually came to all three hours! She had to take her two daughters to primary, and she stayed with them the entire time (since we had to attend the other branches Sacrament meeting) and her daughters said they want to come back next week, so yay! We shared Tithing with her yesterday, and it's going to be a little hard for her to accept, but she recognizes that she's going to have to rely on her faith. We're really praying for a November baptism. 

Another miracle was meeting with  S--. I might have mentioned him. He was originally the Elders investigator, but turns out he lives in our area. He came to church last week. But anyways, we got to meet with him last night, and he's really cool!  We asked him why he was so willing to meet with missionaries, and his answer was along the lines of "everyone I meet here is just so happy, and I want to know why" and also "I'm just curious about Christ's life". So that's cool. Hopefully he can come to church again next week. 

We've been doing good meeting with more members to try and develop a really good relationship with them, so that's good. And we're fully booked for this coming week (literally, like every hour is another appointment) so that's exciting. Hopefully they all come through. 

It's starting to get pretty cold here, haha. I'm actually wearing a sweater today, and Sister Roy is wearing tights, so winter is just around the corner here I think. I can't believe it's already November. That's so weird to me, haha. 

I love you Mom and Dad! Have a great week :)

-Sister George
https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif




No comments:

Post a Comment