Hi
Mom and Dad!
Transfers are this week so we find out
Wednesday if we're moving, then Friday morning we go to Taipei and learn where
we're going and with who. So just plan on Skype for the same time (Monday
morning for me, and Sunday night for you) and it'll work out. I don't really
have any feeling either way if I'm moving or not, but if I do move, I'll
definitely miss ZhuNan and Sister Wang.
The
baptism yesterday was great! I feel so blessed to have been a part of two
baptisms in ZhuNan, and even better, a Mom and her daughter. I'm sending some
pictures soon. We had a couple speakers, and just like at Z. Jei Mei's
baptism, the missionaries all sang and Elder R. played my ukulele and it was really nice. She will be confirmed this Sunday, so we're excited. Now we just need to get her older
brother baptized too!
![]() |
| With the Young Women in the Ward |
A
little miracle from Wednesday night was a former investigator showing up for English class! Sister Peay and I had met with him about 2
months ago, but he got busy and just kind of disappeared, never answered his
phone and everything. But Wednesday night he randomly walked in! And he came to
church yesterday, and after the baptism we were able to meet with him. So we're
really excited for him. He committed to living the Word of Wisdom, so we'll be
working with him on that, and hopefully preparing him for baptism this
month.
Another
little miracle was running into a woman that has read the Book of Mormon 4
times! (That never happens, haha). We were knocking doors, and she told us
that she actually had a time when she was younger that she really believed in
the Mormon church, but because of her parents opposition, she wasn't able to
get baptized. Well since she's older now we invited her to come to church and
meet with us, but she said with her parents and everything, it's impossible.
It's really interesting to me, because she has her own family and
everything, but hopefully we'll keep in contact with her.
We're
having lots of qing ke's (meals with members) this week since Elder R. is heading home this
Friday, so that's fun, haha. We had one Thursday, two Saturday, and we have
another one today. All the members are so great here.
That's
about all I can think of for this week though...sorry! Haha, I guess it has
only been a few days though. I'm excited to skype with you guys next week! If I
do transfer, hopefully the new area has somewhere we can skype. I'm sure it
will.
I
love you guys! Have a good week :)
-Sister
George
![]() |




No comments:
Post a Comment