Hi
Mom and Dad!
This
week has been good here in ZhuNan! Last P-day was super fun. We went
'pooling' (as Elder Liu called it, haha) as a district, and Sister Peay and I
won, so that was of course way fun. And we played the ukulele, one of the
Elders in our district knows how to play so he's teaching me some chords. Then
we had a 'qing ke' with the Bishop and his family, so that was really fun too.
So that was last P-day.
As
for the rest of the week, it's been awesome. We only found one new investigator
- L Xian Sheng - but we ended up meeting with him about three times, and
he's set for April 12th to get baptized, so we're excited for him. He actually
committed this past week to stop smoking, so we're excited about that.
We
also met with E a couple times, and sadly, it turns out she's in the
Elders area, so we don't get to meet with her anymore, but she is still
amazing. She's had such a hard life. She used to work in Saudi Arabia, and it
wasn't a good situation, and she found out this past week that her oldest
daughter got in an accident, so that's been hard for her, but she still just
wants to know the truth. We actually met with her last night, and took the
Elders and a member from the ward who is fluent in English, and it was probably
one of the coolest lessons I've ever been a part of. We had asked her earlier
if she would like a Priesthood blessing, and we explained it and everything,
and so at the end of the lesson last night, the Elders gave her one, and it was
SO cool. Seriously, the Spirit was so strong. And she totally felt it.
She just kept saying that her outside was so cold and her hands were freezing
but her heart and her insides felt like they were burning. It was the coolest
thing. She just kept saying that over and over again, and how she always wanted
to have that feeling. We knew the blessing could help her, it's so exciting.
The Elders are going to keep meeting with her, and hopefully a miracle will
happen soon and she'll be able to come to church. That would be amazing. Last
night was seriously one of the coolest things I've ever seen on my
mission.
Something
else from last week, Vicky Chang brought Sister Peay and I lunch! Haha, she is
SO nice! And the best part, it was enchiladas! When we saw it was Mexican food
we both freaked out, haha, neither of us have had Mexican food since being in
Taiwan, haha, and it was so good! She brought us brownies and juice boxes, and
some extra tortillas so we could make wraps. She is seriously so nice to us.
I'm going to email her and ask her for her address so I can send her a thank
you note. She's awesome!
We're
meeting with our investigator H Jei Mei tomorrow, but apparently the
surgery went good and was successful, so we're excited about that. Hopefully
she'll be able to get her own testimony soon too, it'll happen.
We've
actually had a lot of English contacts this past week too, and that just made
me even more grateful for being a Chinese speaking missionary. I honestly don't
think I could do it in English, haha, it'd be too hard. I don't know how those
missionaries in America do it. Chinese is so much easier.
We
also did some really fun service this past week as a district. We got to paint
a house! Well, apartment, but still. A new family is moving into the ward, and
their 'new' apartment isn't ready, at all, so we helped them paint and it was
so fun. The painting was fun, and the service in general is fun. I feel like
one thing I've learned this past week especially, is just that service makes me
so happy. It's kind of ironic, since basically all I'm doing everyday is
serving the Lord, but it's just so fun, haha. Especially when you go out of
your way to serve other people, it's so great!
W Jei Mei (she just got baptized) actually sent me an email this past week, and that made me so happy. It was so good to hear from her. It's so cool to think that I played a part in her salvation. I know I didn't even do much of anything, it was all the Spirit, we just gave her an opportunity, but it's still so cool to think about that. It's the best part of a mission.
This
week has just been awesome! I feel so blessed to be in ZhuNan and surrounded by
all the amazing people I am. Time is going by way too fast for my liking. This
next coming week should be really fun too. We have exchanges tomorrow and
Wednesday, and I'm the one staying here, so it will be a good test of my
directional knowledge of ZhuNan...hopefully I know more than I think I do. It's
sad because this area isn't even that big, but I just don't have a sense of
direction, haha, but I'm sure it'll be fine. It'll be kind of fun to feel like
I'm leading the area for a little bit, and exchanges always bring
miracles.
Well
I love you and miss you!
-Sister
George
And
thank you for all the pictures! Haha, seeing Dad on his mission in Taiwan is
especially fun, haha. Love you!
Just for fun!
![]() |
| Amie's Dad serving his mission in Taiwan some 30+ years ago! |







No comments:
Post a Comment