TAIWAN TAIPEI MISSION

"Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day."

- Doctrine and Covenants 4:2

Monday, March 17, 2014

March 16, 2014

Hi Mom and Dad!

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Haha, unfortunately they don't really celebrate it here, but, we're working on figuring out how to say 'Happy St. Patrick's Day' in Chinese. I'll let you know next week if we ever figure it out. This week has been crazy! Haha, crazy good, but still way crazy.

Well, this week . . .  We had zone training meeting in TouFen Tuesday, and that was really good. It's about a 40 minute bike ride away, and I had to lead just to make sure I could get back home after our exchanges, haha. And the meeting was really good! Sister Peay and I didn't have to do any training this time, which was kind of nice. Just got to sit and listen. And after that we exchanged, and that was so fun! Haha, I'm not going to lie, I was really nervous, because it was my first time leading an area, even if just for a day, but it was quite successful in spite of that. We didn't even get lost on the way back from TouFen, which is simply just a miracle, cause I had no idea what I was doing. And Sister Bennion and I had so much fun together! Haha, she's so great. She's the same generation as Sister Peay, and we had a good time just getting to know each other and working together and everything. 


A picture of Amie's Zone - what a great
 looking group of missionaries!
Exchanges
We went contacting Tuesday night and met a new investigator and set a baptismal date with him in the first 10 minutes, so that was wonderful! And then Wednesday was just plain awesome. I passed off Phase 1!! So, we went to get celebratory pizza :) Then, we met with our investigator, G Xian Sheng, and that lesson was so crazy cool. We shared Lesson 3 (the gospel of Jesus Christ). It's interesting, but I feel like in that lesson something just clicked for me. Like, it just clicked why I'm here, why all missionaries are here. These people need the gospel, and some of them even recognize that they need it. That lesson was amazing. After that we just exchanged back, and pretty much it was just a fun time. I was so nervous for it, but I'm glad I had the opportunity.

Another thing that I was SO nervous for...our Gospel Principles teacher called us on Friday, and asked me (and ONLY me) to teach ALL of gospel principles class on Sunday. Seriously, it was a temptation to say no. I was so terrified! Haha, literally the entire lesson in Chinese! Well, I taught it yesterday, and it was awesome! I'm so grateful, because I honestly was so scared. I've never taught anything like that on my own before. I mean I used to teach all the time in Rexburg as RS teacher, but that was in English, haha.  But I loved teaching yesterday! It was so fun! And it felt just like it did back home, just in a different language. Everyone said I did an awesome job, and Elder Liu actually said at the end that my Chinese has improved a ton, so that was really nice to hear too. I know it was Heavenly Father helping me. So basically, this week has been full of challenges and successes, it's been awesome. 

A little miracle from this week, FOUR investigators at church! We had two G Xian Shengs, 1 C Xian Sheng, and H Jie Mei. And the best part, H Jei Mei arranged for her own ride! Haha, it was awesome! She's made so much progress. We're going to go over the baptismal interview questions with her this week, she'll hopefully have her interview this weekend, and be baptized on the 29th. So keep her in your prayers. We both think she can definitely make it. She's actually started to read the Book of Mormon on her own! Which is massive progress, haha. So we're excited for her. 

So yeah, that's about it for this week. It's been wonderful. One thing Sister Bennion and I were talking about on exchanges, was just how missions teach you to welcome challenges, and I just have to say that that is so true, haha. I've learned a lot this week and it's because of the challenges I've been presented with, so I'm grateful for them. 

Well, I love you! And hope you all have a great week again! 
-Qiao Jei Mei

Another food adventure picture!





No comments:

Post a Comment