Hi
Mom and Dad!
This
week has been great! It's flown by, as usual, and this week will too because
we're all pretty excited about Saturday! Apparently Elder Holland might
open it up for a question and answer, so that would be really cool. I'm trying
to think of a really good question...haha.
(If you missed last week's post, Elder Holland will be attending Amie's Taiwan Taipei Mission Conference this weekend. What an amazing opportunity to hear from this sweet apostle in person!)
(If you missed last week's post, Elder Holland will be attending Amie's Taiwan Taipei Mission Conference this weekend. What an amazing opportunity to hear from this sweet apostle in person!)
And as for transfers, nothing
changed! Sister Peay and I are still here in Zhu Nan and it's great. Only
one Elder in our district moved. So now our new district
member (and leader) is Elder G. He's really nice. It's interesting,
because he's only one transfer ahead of me. And he and his companion came in at the same time, so they're both fairly young. I'm excited
for this transfer, it'll be fun.
Good job on the Old Testament! I've gotten into the cool stories part again, I just started Joshua today, and once you get to that part, it goes a lot easier. Haha, the stories are so cool. I love the story of the City of Jericho, it's super interesting. And it makes everything in the Book of Mormon make more sense too, so you'll like it.
![]() |
| Amie's District in Zhu Nan |
Good job on the Old Testament! I've gotten into the cool stories part again, I just started Joshua today, and once you get to that part, it goes a lot easier. Haha, the stories are so cool. I love the story of the City of Jericho, it's super interesting. And it makes everything in the Book of Mormon make more sense too, so you'll like it.
This week's been good, freezing, but good. Haha, you weren't kidding about the bitter cold that they have here Dad. I was hoping that the coldest part of winter was already gone, but it came again this week. It's ok though, I just have to wear lots of layers and remember how cold I was when the hot summer finally comes around. We didn't have any heaters for a while, and we finally gave in
and accepted the Elders offer to give us one, so it's nice and warm now when we
sleep, but it was pretty cold before that. It's a little warmer today, but
everyone says it's going to get colder on Wednesday again, so I'm not
getting used to it. I figure this is good, it will just make me extra grateful
for the heat in summer, hopefully.
Probably,
the biggest miracle this week (even though we had a lot, it's been awesome) was
C W Q. So, we met with him Tuesday, and we had brought a member
with us, and it probably wasn't the best choice for a 'peike' on our part,
because we were really afraid at the end of the lesson that we just lost him as
an investigator. But, as a miracle, we met with him again Friday, and we
brought a different member to peike, who served a mission in TaiZhong and she
was really great, and basically, he said that he wants to get baptized! It is such
a huge miracle, he's been meeting with missionaries off and on for 4 years, and
hasn't had a date ever, so it was big. And then he went on, and was like
"I know that this is God's church," and even in his prayers he's
started to thank Heavenly Father for giving him the second sacred text of the
Book of Mormon. It's so awesome. He came to church yesterday, and even asked if
he could get baptized today! We told him that he has to be keeping all the
commandments first and everything, so his date is still set for 3/8. We're a
little apprehensive though, because we're pretty positive he isn't keeping the
Word of Wisdom, so we're going to be working on that. But just the fact that he
knows the Book of Mormon is true, and he knows that this is God's true church,
was amazing. It was by far the highlight of my week.
Another
miracle is H Jei Mei. We've been a little worried, because we're been
feeling that she might just like meeting with us, and not necessarily for the
gospel, so we met with her on Saturday night and just talked about
it. We asked, 'if we were to move, and new missionaries were to come in,
would you still go to church?' And after she got over the fact that we would one
day move, haha, she was like "Yea, I'd still go." And we asked why,
and the jist of it was that she knows it's good and teaches good things. She
also wants us to start meeting with her son and get him to come to church too,
because she knows it can help his life. She came to church yesterday again as
well. So that was also a miracle of the week. This
transfer really is going to be awesome! We're going to see lots of miracles,
and baptisms.
Another
miracle, was finding 2 new investigators, and setting a date with both of them
in the first meeting. One is a Mom, and finding her was a miracle on it's own.
We met her contacting one day, but when we tried to call after she wouldn't
answer, so we were knocking doors one day in about the same area, and we
miraculously found her! She has a daughter and 2 sons, and we shared the message
of the restoration and how it blesses families, and she agreed to be baptized!
Another one, is a G X S, and his entire story is awesome. He pulled
US over (which never happens, haha) and asked us where the church was! This was
before the New Year, so we finally got to actually meet with him last week, and
set a date, and we originally set 3/15, but then he said he could meet with us
more, so we made it 3/8, and went through an entire baptismal planner right
there! It was awesome!
One
really fun thing was Valentine's Day, we got roses! Haha, apparently Sister
Peay's Dad knows someone in this ward, or has connections some how, so her Dad
arranged for us to each receive a bouquet of roses! It was a shock, haha. After
taking some pictures and enjoying them, we gave them out to some ward members
and random people on the street, haha, it was so fun.
English
class was also really fun this past week. So many new people came! We were
doing our 6 week activity, and we were, of course, doing Valentine's Day. We
were originally going to have everyone participate in making cookies, but
something happened with the cookies and the Elders, so basically Sister Peay
and I spent about an hour entertaining the students with explaining Valentine's
Day terms and making cards, and it went so well. A lot of little kids came, and
they were super cute. And I taught the students how to make some pop-up cards,
haha they loved it and thought it was a lot cooler than it was.
Well,
that's been about it for this week. It's been great! We also got a Carrefour
market here! (Carrefour is a French hyper mart, similar to Walmart, where we did most of our grocery shopping at in Shanghai.) Haha, it's so big! It opened on Thursday I think, and
it was so packed. We're way too excited to go grocery shopping there later
today.
This
week has been great. I'm really glad I get to be here for a least one more
transfer in ZhuNan. I love this area. I love the smaller town feel, and the
people, our investigators, and the members. It's going to be a great transfer.
We also have interviews with President Day tomorrow, so I'm excited for
that. Interviews are always fun.
I
love and miss you!
-Qiao
Jei Mei 


No comments:
Post a Comment