TAIWAN TAIPEI MISSION

"Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day."

- Doctrine and Covenants 4:2

Monday, August 18, 2014

August 10, 2014

Hi Mom and Dad!

This week was awesome... busy, and a little stressful, but awesone nonetheless! 

So last P-day was awesome because Wu Jie Mei (our convert from DanShui) came to visit Sister Edwards and I, so that was SO fun, haha! When she found out that we were living in the same apartment she booked some tickets to come visit us. She's actually thinking of serving a fulltime mission! It's so amazing! I love her so much, she's so great.  







A big miracle from last week was meeting with V--  and hearing her say how much she LOVED church! Haha, like she LOVED it. She kept saying how it was different than other churches because at our church people actually care if you're there or not, and everyone can share their thoughts, and just grow together, and she just loved it. So that was an awesome miracle. 

We had zone meeting last Tuesday, and that was really fun. Just the HuaLien and YuLi missionaries, and it was really fun. I love zone meetings.

Another little update, I'm the new English Unit Leader for here in HuaLien too...so that's a little stressful and exciting, haha. Especially since English Class is such a big deal here too. Basically all I do though is make sure everything is taken care of...like who's teaching what, and making sure all the students get called and stuff. So hopefully that goes well. Last week went pretty smoothly, so I'm sure it'll be fine.

Another miracle was finding an awesome new investigator. It was when Sister Walker and I only had about 5 minutes to knock doors so we just started and we were able to meet T-- and his Dad, and they were both great! His Dad didn't want to set up again, but T-- did. And we were actually able to meet with him again this past week, and it went really well. He said he would come to English Class too, so that will be good. We're excited for him. He's already Christian, and seems really interested in the Book of Mormon.

Well, my one year mark was last week!  It's weird to think it's already been a year! I got home on August 7th and there was a nice big cake on my desk :) Sister Edwards and Sister Hibbert got me a celebratory cake, haha! I'll send pictures soon. It was really fun. I'm still keeping up with my journal and I was able to read what I was doing exactly a year earlier, haha. I make sure to write in it every night, or at least the following morning.


Happy 1 year Qiao Jie Mei!

Unfortunately no one came to church yesterday...so I was a little frustrated about that. Especially since SO many people pinky promised they would come (like literally, I made them pinky promise, haha) and none of them did. But, that's ok. Hopefully they'll be able to come next week. We'll keep trying. 

The weather is about the same, humid and hot. And unfortunately our air-conditioner is broken right now...so sleeping last night was a little miserable. But we're hoping to get it fixed soon, haha.

Training is really fun. It's hard, and I don't think I've even been this tired, haha, but it's really fun. I'm learning a lot from Sister Walker, she's great. I'm really lucky I get to train her. It's definitely physically and mentally tiring, and I'm learning a lot. It's stressful sometimes, but Sister Walker is really good about reminding me to calm down, haha. It's just frustrating sometimes when I feel like I'm doing everything I can, and it's still just not working out. But, it's ok. We're seeing lots of miracles still :)


Well, I think that's about it. Have a great week :) 

Love you Mom and Dad!
-Sister George
https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif
 
Sushi!



No comments:

Post a Comment